Chapter 12

I wake up, I'm in Ben's arms. I feel peaceful for once as I lied in his warmth. I get up and change my clothes seeing everyone still asleep. I sneak out the room and to Jace's room.

"My baby boy", I say holding His hand and weeping. "Stay strong for momma"

The door creaks and in comes Vosch, "What are you doing up at three in the morning Private?" He asks.

"Can't you see?" I ask. "I'm trying to spend every moment I can with Him"

Vosch sighs, "This isn't good for you, it's not healthy. You need sleep"

"I just woke up", I argued.

He sighs, "Dr. Pam said His chances of survival are becoming slimmer"

"Why?" I say tears falling down my cheeks.

"The more we wait, the more His chances become slimmer"

I feel my heart being ripped out, "This is my son", I say weakly. "He cannot die"

"Go get some sleep", Vosch says. "I'll let you see Him tomorrow"

I go to get up, but the door opens, "I was so nervous when I saw you were gone"

"Be-Zombie", I stutter running and hugging Him.

"You two need to head back to the bunks. Okay?"

I nod and go over to Jace, His skin is deathly pale, his lips are as blue as my eyes. I run my soft fingers through His curly brunette hair and bend down to kiss His forehead. A tear of mine falls onto His cheek as I wipe it away.

"Goodnight baby boy", I say and caress His cheek.

"Let's go", Ben says grabbing my hand as He guides me through the door.

Ben holds my hand in His as we get to the bunks as we fall back asleep in His bunk.

When I wake up, it's about seven thirty. I slept so late. I see Ben sleeping beside me, "Ben wake up"

"What Blue?" He asks sitting up.

"It's seven thirty", I say.

"Oh shit", He says.

We quickly get out of bed and see a note plastered on the door, "We let you guys sleep in considering what's going on -Vosch"

"Oh good", I say placing a hand on my heart. "I nearly had a heart attack"

Ben chuckles lightly, "Do you want to go see Jace?"

"I do", I nod feeling my cheek wet from tears.

He grabs my hand as we leave the bunk room and return to Jace's room. I sit on the stretcher holding His hand in mine, I start to sing softly. I sing the lyrics to Small Bump by Ed Sheeran softly.

"You sing so beautifully", Ben compliments.

"Thank you", I smile weakly.

"He's going to get better", Ben says as if He's reading my mind.

"I hope", I sigh.

Ben holding my other hand that wasn't holding Jace's, "He'll be fi-"

Ben was cut off by the sound off a long beep, I look at monitor and see one long line going across it.

"NO!" I scream.

Ben gets up running towards the door and opening it, "We need assistance!" He shouts.

Dr. Pam, Vosch, and Reznik all charge in along with other doctors I didn't recognize.

"You guys need to get out, we'll take care of this", They said ushering us out the room.

"NO! JACE!" I scream as I run towards the bed, but Ben grabs my waist and starts pulling me out the room.

"He's isn't gonna be fine", I say to Ben. "You lied"

"No Babygirl-"

"Don't call me that", I cry pushing Him away. "You lied"

I ran away from Ben Parish and He starts to chase after me. I run into the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

"Let me in Blue", He says. "Please"

"No", I pout.

"Please", I hear his voice. "Don't make me kick this door down"

I groan and open the door, "What do you want?"

"To be with you", He says.

"I'm sorry", I cry falling into His arms. "So so so sorry"

"No it's okay", He says reassuringly as He sits on the ground with me in His lap.

He's running His fingers through my hair, "Just stay strong for Jace", He says.

"I'm trying", I say weakly.

I'm starting into His eyes, before I can realize it, I'm pulling His body towards mine and kissing Him. He lifts me up, and brings me to the bunks, luckily everybody is our eating breakfast. Ben lies me on my bunk as we continue to kiss.

He starts to unbutton my jumpsuit, He then slides off my tank top under it. I do the same to Him. We're kissing like crazy, He starts to kiss all over my body.

"Liv", He says. "We don't have to"

"Ben, I want this", I say.

After Ben and I's little 'session' I fell asleep, but thankfully Ben made sure to have my jumpsuit buttoned back on. And the same with Ben.

Later that day, I was taken back to Jace's room, and thankfully they were able to bring Him back. Though, He was dying. I quickly grabbed the scissors that Ben passed me. I started to trim Jace's hair that got very very long. I cut it into a quiff like hairstyle, my son looked a lot like me and I was glad. I didn't need Him looking like His lame excuse of a father.

"Are you ready to go?" Ben asks.

"Mhm", I nod sniffling. "Let's go"

He grabs my hand as we walk out the room hand in hand, Jace is gonna be fine.

~~

~~

~~

Word Count: 929