Chapter 13

It's been days, Jace has only gotten worse. His skin had gotten more pale with every seconds passing, and His lips turns a paler shade of blue color with every second passing.

"We have to go train", Ben says helping me out of the rather uncomfortable plastic chair.

"Okay", I sigh as Ben and I make our way to the rest of the squad, they already started running laps.

I began to run with Ben, and we both instantly caught up. We were fast runners. I held Teacup's hand in mine, She filled the spot that belonged to Jace. Wait, it still does belong to Jace. Though she can never replace my son, nobody can. And nobody will need to replace Him, He'll be just fine.

I like to run to help stress, sometimes I like to write. It all depends on what kind of stress I was dealing with. So I decided to run faster with Teacup.

"Too, fast", She panted as She stopped running and bent Her knees, putting one hand on Her leg and the other on Her heart.

"C'mom sucker", I said sticking my tongue out at Her.

"I'm not a sucker", She says and starts running to prove me wrong.

"That's my girl!" I cheer Her on as She runs an extra lap for the squad.

"Wait a second", She says when She gets back. "You tricked me into running an extra lap"

"You're simply building up stamina", I say firing back at Her.

She rolls Her eyes in a childish manner as we start our way back to the outdoor shooting range, "This outta be fun", Dumbo says.

"Mhm", I nod.

"Then let's go faster", He says.

We all start running to the range, I grab my handgun from my holster and start shooting at the target plastered in front of me. Not directly in front of me, but close. I shot at the target, letting out all of my anger.

"Yahtzee!" Nugget shouts when He scores a bullseye.

"Keep up the good work champ", I say crouching down to His height and fist bumping Him.

"You know it!" He calls.

He and I both giggle and ruffle my fingers through His hair, I normally did that Jace. I shudder at the thought of my son dying. I'd rather not think about my son in that kind of way.

After the range, Ben and I along with the rest of the squad go to get something to eat, "I hate this food", Nuggest said staring at His food as if any minute it would grow legs, run up, and bite off His face.

"Eat and it and I'll give you sweets", I bribed.

"Shouldn't your candy have expired already?" He snickers at me.

"It's candy, kid", I say. "Candy's always good. But if you don't want it.."

"Wow this is a tasty burger!" Nuggest chimes eating His mystery meat.

"I thought so", I laughed and dug into my pocket and passed Him a crunch bar.

"Thanks", He smiles.

"It's no problem", I smile and look down in my pocket making sure I still had candy left to place in the cold hands of Jace later on.

When Ben and I got up, Dr. Pam had came up to us, "We have terrible news", She starts. "Jace didn't make it"

~~

~~

~~

A/N: Yes I realize this is short, But the chapters will get longer. Thanks!

Word Count: 573