Chapter 17

Zombie's/Ben's Point Of View

"Why'd I do that to Her?" I ask Dumbo as I'm pacing the room.

"Hmm", Dumbo says. "You're very stressed out, and I understand why. You were also just angry at Ringer. You didn't let all that emotion out on Her. Zombie did. Zombie's just dead inside, harsh. But Ben, Ben's golden, He would never hurt a hair on Blue's head", He says.

"She'll tell me that's nonsense if I explain that to her", I groan rolling my eyes.

"Then it's Her loss", Dumbo shrugs.

"No", I say. "It's my loss"

"Have you ever told Her you loved Her?" Dumbo asks.

"Once", I said.

"Once?" Dumbo laughs.

"Yes once", I say in a somewhat pissed tone.

"Well maybe you should tell Her more often", Dumbo suggested.

"She knows I love her", Dumbo said.

"Without saying it?"

"Action speak louder than words", I smirk.

"Oh no-you two didn't-"

"No we did", I said.

"Where?" Dumbo asked in disgust.

"On your bunk", I joked.

"Ew no!" He yelled sounding like a little kid.

"I'm joking", I laughed.

"Oh so you guys didn't.."

"We did", I laughed. "Wasn't joking about that part"

"And you two aren't even dating?"

"Nope", I say. "I feel like it's an unspoken promise, and nowadays it's so hard to keep promises"

"And sex isn't?" Dumbo asks.

I shrugged looking down at the ring in my hand that belonged to my Mom, "But marriage is"

"You're gonna marry Her?!" Dumbo practically screamed.

"No!" I called. "I'm not even going to date Her, why would I marry Her?"

"Why not she's really ho-"

"She's off limits", I sternly.

"Hey, hey, calm down feisty boy", Dumbo says raising His hands in the air.

I roll my eyes, "Where do you think She brought Chip?"

"I'm not sure.." Dumbo said.

"What does She like to do when She's stressed?" Dumbo asks.

"She loved to listen to music", I say.

"Let's check the lounge, there's a music player in there", Dumbo suggests.

I nod as we get up and start to walk to the lounge. I start to think about Liv, long and hard. She's so beautiful, way out of my league. I just wish She's not hurt. What am I even saying? Of course She's fucking hurt. Because of Me!

I sigh as we walk into the lounge and check the sign in sheet, "She's not here", Dumbo said.

"Maybe She forgot to sign in"

"Maybe", Dumbo says. "Go check in the music corner"

I walk over to the music corner and I don't see anyone, but I do see Ringer sitting at a seat playing chess. I roll my eyes, she created this mess, this war.

"C'mon Zom", Dumbo calls.

"She likes to run", I say. "No, She loves to run"

"Let's go check the track", Dumbo says.

We walk to the track and I see Liv running with Jace on the track. She's holding His hand and running a bit slower than She usually would, for Him of course.

"Now that is mother-son goals", Dumbo said.

"She just wanted some time with Her son who had just woken up out of a deadly coma", I said. "You can blame Her for wanting to spend time with Him"

"Copy that", Zombie said as we sat outside, our backs against the brick wall of the building.

"Maybe She'll come to her senses and be with you", Dumbo said.

"Her sense are telling Her not to be with me", I said. "And maybe they're right"

Blue's/Liv's Point Of View

"Let's go back to the bunks", Jace suggested. "I'm out of breath-"

"Alright, alright", I say picking Him up, His hands were over His chest as I started to run off the track. "We're gonna get you your inhaler, everything is gonna be fine", I said.

"Is everything okay?" Dumbo asks.

"He needs His inhaler", I said.

Ben took Jace away from me so I can run faster and get His inhaler. Ben ran with us, but I was obviously faster than both of their stamina combined.

"Inhaler, Inhaler", I muttered going through my bag, my hands felt the plastic so I grabbed it and pulled it out the bag, "Gotcha!"

I also grabbed sweets and ran to Jace who was choking on air. I pressed the inhaler into His mouth and pressed down on it twice as He struggled to take two deep breaths.

"I-I feel better now", Jace said. "You can put my down now"

I put Jace down and gave Him sweets as He walked into the bunks.

"It's time for dinner", Ben said. "Will you be coming?"

"No", I say scratching the back of my neck. "I'm just going to stay back, I'm really tired and-"

"I love you", Ben blurts, He's only ever said that once to me.

I stand there in silence for a moment, "I love you too", I finally said.

"Please don't leave me", Ben said getting on His knees and holding my hand as He cried. "Please, oh please"

"I won't", I said crying. "I'd never"

"Thank you", Ben said crying into my hands, still on His knees.

She He stood up and kissed me, my hands on His neck as we deepen the kiss, "Now go eat, and bring Jace with you, I just want to relax and think"

"Don't think to hard", Ben warns. "If you need me, please come get me"

I nod and peck Him lips once more before turning around and going back over to Ben's bunk to lay down.

~~

~~

~~

Word Count: 932