Chapter 12

The door swings open and Camilla and Fiona rush in.

"Tell us everything!" Camilla runs over and sits at the foot of my bed.

I laugh, "Ok, ok. It was so amazing. So we went to Big Ben and Hyde Park. He was so shy and awkward it was really cute. Oh and we took a picture at Big Ben and I really like it." I grab my phone and show them the pic of Robbie and I where he kisses my cheek.

"That's so cute!" Fiona squeals grabbing my phone and looking at it in awe.

"Let me see!" Camilla looks over her shoulder, "You guys are so cute together. I'm so glad we set you up with him." she laughs.

"Yeah, I am too."

"Well what happens next?" Fiona asks.

"We went to Hyde park and it was absolutely gorgeous. We talked a little bit. Then it rained and we went home." I say, "It was simple but it was also so romantic."

"Did you guys kiss?" Camilla smirks.

"Well you don't need to know everything." I laugh.

"That's obviously a yes." Fiona smiles.

"When is the next date?" Camilla asks.

"Who knows. Soon hopefully." I say.

"Tell us about that one too. Once it happens!" Camilla chuckles.

"We will leave you alone now but we're glad that date went well." Fiona says.

"Me too." I smile as they leave. I fall asleep instantly knowing that I have a big huge smile on my face.

________

Robbie sighs as he sits down to eat his breakfast.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"My dad's work. It's just getting a little stressful. He wants me to take over in the next few years and I don't if I'm ready."

"Why don't you tell him then? I'm sure he'll understand."

"He doesn't listen. It's like he sees me as a machine."

"Then make him listen. Tell him you're not ready. Maybe ask for more time off so it's not as stressful. Ask for the rest of the summer off or something. Then you can go back in the fall ready to work."

"I guess I could try. I'm not sure how he'll take it."

"If you're doing good work I bet he'll let you have some time off to enjoy yourself."

"It couldn't hurt. I'll ask him in a bit. Thanks for helping me." he smiles.

"Yep anytime. I'm just trying to help." I smile back and turn to leave.

"Oh by the way I'm free next Thursday so maybe we can go on another date? Maybe to the beach or something like that."

"Sounds good to me." I blush and leave.

_______

Thursday couldn't have come any slower. It was finally another day to spend with Robbie when he wasn't working. Just the two of us together having fun. The beach is also the perfect day place to have a date.

I walk out to his car, "We are so having a water fight rematch when we get there." he says as I get in his car.

"Get prepared to lose." I smirk.

"You should really take your own advice then." he laughs.

We listen to more of The 1975 and Arctic Monkeys on the way there and talk about random things and interesting things about each other.

He pulls up to the beach. I get out as soon as possible to jump into the cool ocean. I take a moment to just enjoy the view. The beach has always been my favorite place. As a kid I'd come down with my parents ever summer and get ice cream and walk on the boardwalk almost every night. Suddenly two arms hug my waist and I'm thrown across Robbie's shoulder.

"Robbie put me down!" I laugh as I slap his back knowing it does nothing. He just laughs.

"It's rematch time." he says.

"At least let me change into my bikini." I say.

"Fine," he puts me down, "but after that we're having a rematch."

I remove my sun dress to reveal a cute pink and white stripe bikini. Once I throw the dress onto the sand Robbie's arms wrap around me and he runs towards the ocean with me over his shoulder. He puts me down and then holds my bridal style and dunks me head first.

"Robbie you're so dead!" I yell and laugh splashing him and pushing him towards a big wave.

Soon enough we get swept up by a big wave. We end up face to face. I smile and lean in. He kisses me and I wrap my arms around his neck. I jump up on him seconds later and he holds me up.

He breaks the kiss a few seconds later," I think I won." he smirks.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and kiss him again.

_________

Little droplets of ice cream fall on my leg but I didn't care. I was too wrapped up in Robbies story about when he was little and how he and his sisters were getting chased by a bunch of seagulls. Everything he said was captivating, though some of it was just because of his charming accent. Robbie licked his ice cream causing him to get a bit on his nose.

I laugh causing him to raise an eyebrow, "What?"

I grab a extra napkin, "It's just that you have something right there." I smile while whipping away the bit of ice cream on his nose.

"Oh hey. I forgot to thank you today." he says.

"For what?"

"Telling me that advice. It worked! I got more free time to do things I want to do. Such as hanging out with you."

I blush, "You're welcome and I'm glad it worked."

We finish up our ice cream and walk around on the boardwalk. We go into different stores and run around on the beach. I just stand out and watch the ocean waves for a while. He stands next to me as I rest my head on his shoulder. If I could stop time I'd stop it right now. So I could be in this moment forever.

"We better head back to the boardwalk so we don't miss the fireworks." he says.

We stand near the railing watching them shoot off above us. I look at him watching the vibrant colors of the fireworks reflect off his face. He stares at my lips and goes in quick for the kiss. And when we kissed there were fireworks, and they weren't the ones we were watching.