Chapter 7

Grains of sand fall in between my toes as I take my first step on the beach. The smell of the saltwater takes over. The waves crash on the beach making me want to jump in immediately. It was sunny day, perfect beach weather. With an amazing breeze.

"Look at that view." he says taking a picture.

"It's really pretty." I reply.

He nudges my arm and shows me the pic he just took. The water and sky were just as blue as the real picture. The water looked so clam and refreshing. The rocks made it look even better, looking over the water. It was breathtaking. I could've stared at it forever.

"I didn't know you were a professional." I joke.

He laughs, "I wish. I usually do this as a hobby."

"It is really good though. I really like it."

"Do you want me to send it to you?" he asks.

"Um sure." I type my number into his phone. Minutes later I get a text from him with the picture.

"Want to jump in?"

"Only if it's not too cold." I say.

He takes off his shirt showing off his abs. I avert my eyes somewhere else. It takes everything in me not to look. I know if I look I might just faint. I know he might be the only guy to lift me off my feet, literally. I feel him pick me up bridal style and start running towards the ocean.

"Robbie put me down!" I shriek.

"In a few seconds I will."

"I swear if you do this I will hate you forever."

He laughs. My arms are wrapped around him holding on tight. I didn't even notice for half the time. We reach the ocean and I brace myself for the cold. He spins me around for a few times. I close my eyes waiting for the water to hit me. He then slowly puts me down. I open my eyes as my feet touch the water.

"Did you really think I was going to do that?" he laughs.

"Yes." I giggle, "You seemed very determined."

"I'm not that horrible of a person."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." I disagree.

"Oh come on!" he laughs, "I'm a great person."

"You're an okay person." I say.

"I'll take that... for now." he laughs, "I'll make you see I'm a great person."

"You make that sound like it's a challenge." I smirk.

"Challenge accepted." he smiles, "Let's go. It's hot standing here." he holds out his hand.

I hesitate but grab it. It doesn't feel weird it feels sort of right. He leads me deeper in the ocean so now the water is coming at waist level.

"It's so cold!" I shriek.

"I think it's fine." he shrugs with a tiny laugh.

"You have to be lying. It's freezing." I say.

"Ok on the count of three we both go under."

"You first." I say.

"Why?" he laughs.

"Because you're tricking me. What if you don't go?"

"You go first then." he says.

"I'll go if you go first."

"Together. I promise I will not let you go alone." he says.

"Fine."

"One... Two... Three." he counts.

I hold my breath as I sink lower into the water till it goes over my head. The cold feels nice but at the same time I want to run out. After a few seconds I pop back up. I see Robbie come up a second after me.

"We did it!" he cheers. He hugs me and even after being under cold water for a few seconds he feels warm, "Wow you weren't lying when you said you were cold." he says as he lets me go.

"Told ya." I smirk.

We swim for a while just laughing and having competitions of trying not to get knocked over by the wave first. In that moment I forgot about walls I put around myself. I let myself get attached. We made our way back to the sand to dry off.

"I haven't had that much fun in a while. Thanks for bringing me out here."

"Yeah anytime. I think we both needed a day at the beach." he laughs.

"You're not wrong. After everything that's happened in the last week it's nice to just chill." I say.

"From ex girlfriends reappearing to running away from the alter." he says making me laugh hysterically.

He leans forward so that we're just inches apart. As if he was going to tell me a secret. We lock eyes with each other. I can feel him get closer to me.

"Um we should probably get back." he quickly pulls back getting up. He extends his hand helping me up.

"Oh ok. It is getting late." I say with a hint of disappointment as I take his hand and brush the sand off me.

We walk back to his car in complete silence and start heading home. He almost kissed me. I don't get why he didnt. I could feel it. I really should tell him how I feel after that shouldn't I? Stop being so indecisive and just say something.

"Hey can I tell you something?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"I really... Think you should listen to The 1975." I finish. What the actual hell was that? You made yourself look like a absolute idiot.

"So what song should I start with?" he asks.

"Um... maybe the first album. You could listen to it later though." I say.

"Maybe we I dedicate a whole day to listening to music." he chuckles, "I really did like that idea. I should do that tomorrow since I don't have worn for the rest of the week. You wanna join me?"

"Yeah sure." I say. My biggest weakness is I can't say no and I hate turning down people. Even if I don't want to go to a party I was invited to I go anyway because I said I would. Now I have to spend another day with Robbie.