Chapter 8

The sun peeks through the window waking me up. I groan and try to go back to sleep but it's useless. I get ready to start the day and head downstairs to grab some breakfast.

"Ready for today?" Robbie smiles when he sees me.

It took me a minute to remember that we were listening to music today, "Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to that." I force a smile.

"Me too! Let me just get my laptop and we can start." he smiles.

"Great!" I fake a smile back. I thought I was suppose to avoid him yesterday. That was the plan. Look at how well the plan was. Just keep your distance today and everything will be fine. We're just listening to music and theres not much talking in that.

He comes back down seconds later we sit on opposite ends of the couch. Well I decided to sit on the other end.

"What are you doing over there?" he laughs, "Come over here! How can you listen to the music from there?" he pats the cushion next to him motioning me to move.

"Um ok." I hesitate but slowly move closer to him.

"I don't bite." he jokes.

It would be better if you do. Then maybe I wouldn't be as attracted to you.

"What should we start off with first?" he asks.

"Hm let me think. Maybe The 1975. I think you'd like them."

"Ok cool!" he types the band into the search bar and moves the cursor over all the music videos, "Which one should we start with first?"

"My favorite ones have to be Heart Out or Settle Down." I tell him.

"I think Settle Down would be a good place to start." he says.

We sit in silence as we watch the video. He head nods to the beat.

"I really like this. I'm surprised I haven't heard of them earlier." he smiles. "If this is too personal tell me but how did you and Luke meet?" he asks.

"Uh... In college. It's so cliché. It was my first day I was late to class. I was stumbling and hurrying and right when I got through the doorway I drop my books. Everyone looked at me and Luke was the only one who helped me." I tell him, "Now you have to tell me about how you and your ex met."

"It's pretty boring. She was an intern with me at my dads company. I just showed her around and that's all that needed to happen." he says, "Ok something less serious what's your favorite cereal?"

"Hm let me think... fruit loops. Why?"

"Why not? And anything really." he chuckles, "next question favorite color?"

"Purple. You?"

"Red. Ok you ask a question."

"Ok I'm going to be sappy right now but do you believe in love at first sight?" I ask.

He pauses for a moment and makes a thinking face. He looks right into my eyes, "Yes. How about you?"

"Not really."

"So you didn't think that way with Luke?"

"It took my a while to warm up to him."

There was a silence before either of us realize the song is over.

"Um what song next?"

"Somebody Else same band." I tell him.

He presses play and we go back to our conversation right away.

"Favorite band?" I ask.

"Arctic Monkeys. Favorite starbucks drink? I judge all my friends on this one." he jokes.

"Hm tough one, I'd have to say either a frappuccino or mocha. But if I had to pick I'd pick frappuccino."

"Good choice mine is a white chocolate mocha." he smirks, "My turn to be sappy again. What do you look for in a guy?"

"Hm well someone who won't make me run away from the alter." I giggle, "a great personality, intelligence, a bright smile, supportive, someone who will be there for me and I'll be there for them in return, a contagious laugh, someone who will generally care about my problems no matter how small or stupid they are, someone who will listen to me, someone to love me even if they are annoyed, or mad, or hate me, lastly for now someone who will make me believe in love again. Looks are just a plus."

"Wow." he says in a hush tone.

"I know it's a big list but you asked and-"

"It's not that, it's how you basically described love itself. Most girls I've meet are only in it for the money and looks."

"Oh thanks I guess. Your turn."

"Well all of the things you said like supportiveness and intelligence but patience, and someone who is willing to travel the world with me, and I think that's it. You've said most of them, wait funniness. I want someone to make me laugh."

"I forgot that one too, I need to add to my list someone who reminds me about everything." we both laugh for a while.

We stop shortly after. He leans in close to my face. I can feel him softly breathing. He gently presses his lips against mine. Seconds later he quickly pulls away.

"I'm so sorry. I got caught up in the moment I guess. I really shouldn't have done that since you just got out of a relationship. That was really inappropriate of me." he starts to get up.

"No it's fine." I try to protest.

He doesn't hear me, "I should go." he closes his laptop and starts to leave. He freezes before he's about to go to upstairs to his room. I hope he will turn around and decide to stay. He shakes his head and goes upstairs leaving me alone.

Of course the moment I decide I want him he runs away. Should I follow him and talk to him? I should give him some time. He seemed really embarrassed. I got too close this time but I didn't mind it. When he kissed me everything felt right. It's like he fit everything on my list. For that tiny moment he kissed me I felt like maybe I could believe in love again.