Chapter 2

I follow her upstairs and she walks down a hallway of doors and goes to the sixth one on the left. The moment I walk in I'm overwhelmed. It's so big with a huge king sized bed. There are two walk in closets and an amazing view of London. I can see the lights of the city and the London Eye lights and a silhouette of Big Ben.

"This is all so amazing. I don't know how I can ever thank you enough."

"Really it's no big deal." she smiles, "well I'll let you get settled in and I'll come get you for dinner."

"Ok thanks." I smile as she shuts the door. I open my luggage and start putting clothes away in the closet. The phone rings I groan. Should I pick it up? I have to face this problem sometime. I can't run away from this. I mean I could but I've run away enough for today.

"Hello?" my voice shakes.

"Serena what the hell?" my fiancé Luke asks I can hear the anger in his voice.

"I'm sorry. I just-"

"What made you think you could run away like that? I want you to come back right now." he demands.

"I can't."

"What? Why? Where are you?" his voice getting more angry.

"London."

"London! Why London? Of all the places you chose London." he says more frustrated.

"I'm sorry. It was the cheapest plane ticket and-"

"Well come back as soon as you can." he interrupts me.

"No I-"

"What do you mean no? You-" he interrupts me again.

It was my turn to interrupt him, "Will you let me finish? I'm not coming back. I like it here."

"What so you're planning to live in London for the rest of your life?" he sarcastically asks.

"No. I don't know but what I do know is you don't have the right to tell me what to do anymore. I'm not dating you anymore."

"Are you breaking up with me?" he asks.

"Yeah I am. You were never a good boyfriend to me. You forgot my birthday... Twice. You always try to tell me what to do and what to say and how to act. I'm sick of it. I want to live. I'm 22 years old and I've never felt like I've lived. I-"

"Whatever. Have fun." he says sarcastically and hangs up.

That felt good. It felt satisfying to say something I've always wanted to say. What was I thinking? I was about to marry a man who made me miserable. The marriage probably wasn't going to last anyway. My phone rings it's Grace.

"Hey. How are you? How was the flight?" I smile when I hear her voice. It's nice to not get screamed at over the phone.

"It was good. I made a friend and now I'm staying at her parents mansion." I tell her.

"What? Omg no way!"

"Yeah. It's really nice. Her family seems nice and I just really love London. From what I've seen it's beautiful. How was the wedding?" I giggle.

"They didn't notice you were gone until you had to walk down the aisle." she laughs, "You should have seen it. Luke had a huge temper tantrum. It was like he was three. He called you some not very nice things and his parents were so embarrassed. You did the right thing by not marrying him."