Chapter 22- Done With What?

He just looks at me and doesn't say a word. I want to say something but the words don't come out.

"What Marcus?" I inch closer. He throws my phone on the bed and walks out. I want to go see what happened but I'm really tired. I grab my phone and look at my recent apps. I guess he was on my messages.

What's on my messages that would make him so mad? I don't have anything to hide. I'm an open book. I lay down and think. What could I have on my phone that could make him mad? I yawn and turn on the TV.

I play some games on my phone and look at Stranger Things on Netflix. I've heard that it's a good show. My eyes begin to close and I keep opening them to remain awake. If I go to sleep I'll be up all night. I sit up and go and get some chicken tenders.

I lay back on my bed and throw a chicken tender in my mouth. I feel a tear fall down my cheek and I curve my eyebrows. Why am I crying? I hope I'm not crying over the Marcus situation. Like my dad said we'll eventually get back to our old selves.

I look at the time and decide to go to sleep. I have to go to sleep earlier than I usually do because it takes me forever to fall asleep. Let's just hope I have good dreams.

*The Next Morning*

I get up go brush my teeth. I throw some Listerine in my mouth and gargle. They make it look so easy on commercials but this stuff burns. I throw some hot water on my face and put on my clothes. I turn my clock on snooze because I woke up before the alarm could go off.

I watch some shows while I wait for everyone else to get up. I get tired of waiting and go to my dad's room.

"Hey dad." I stand beside him and look at his sleeping face. "Dad." I tap him lightly. He finally moves and opens his eyes.

"Good morning Kyla." He sits up a little.

"Hey dad can I drive today?"

"Um yea sure. Be careful."   He turns around and goes back to sleep. I go and get the keys and go. It's still pretty early so I call Jacob.

"Hey." I say.

"Girl why are you calling me this early in the morning?" He drags the last words.

"Wanna ride with me?"

"You're driving?"

"Yep."

"Finally."

"So?"

"Yea I guess I'll ride with you."

"Okay I'll honk when I'm outside."

"Okay." I hang up and finally pull up to his house. I honk the horn twice and turn the car off. I take out my phone and scroll through Snapchat and find the ones I actually wanna watch.

I finally see Jacob and his mom come out. I wave out the window as she smiles and waves back.

"You kids have a good day at school!" She yells.

"Alright we will!" Jacob and I yell back. Jacob gets in and I start the car.

"Call Jaylen." I hand him my phone.