Chapter 16- We Need to Talk

**Later that day**

We go to lunch as Marcus comes to sit by me again.

"Hey babe." He kisses my cheek.

"Hi." I give a small smile.

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I have plans." I look at Jack and smile.

"What exactly do you have planned?" He notices the faces Jack and I exchange.

"Nothing you should be worried about." I start talking to everyone else. I'm ready to have another car ride with Jack. As it's time to go home Marcus comes up to me while I'm at my locker.

"Need a ride home?" He holds me from behind.

"No thanks, I have one." I say as I kiss him and start to walk away when he stops me.

"Are you okay? You've been kind of distant lately."

"Yea I'm great." I walk away to find Jack's car. I get in as Jack jumps at my arrival .

"You should really lock your doors." I laugh.

"I just got in, you should learn how to knock."

"Whatever."

"Where to?"

"Surprise me." I scroll through different pages on Instagram. He stops the car as I look and see we're in a Chick-fil-a drive thru.

"This might be the second best surprise I've ever gotten." I say as my mouth waters just thinking about food.

"I know what the first is." He smirks. "I was just hungry and figured you were too."

"Who ever marries you is the luckiest girl in the world."

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing." He pulls to the speaker and I'm about to say what I want but he says it.

"How do you know that's my favorite?" I ask as we pull away from the speaker.

"How could I forget?" He smiles as I almost melt in my seat. Remember Kyla you're with Marcus now. I smile as we're handed our food and thank Jack for getting it for me. When we get to my house I see Marcus's car outside.

"Listen, Marcus and I haven't been doing the best lately and I really like hanging out with you so just ignore his snarly remarks and dirty looks." I say before we get out of the car.

"It's fine. What are we doing anyway?" He looks at me with a confused face.

"We can go up to my room and talk." He nods slowly and gets out. We walk in as Marcus and Kyle turn around.

"Did you two get any for us?" Kyle asks.

"Nope." He looks sad as I give him some of my fries. I grab Jack's hand and head upstairs.

"Why's he going upstairs with you?" Marcus asks.

"Because I want him to and he's my best friend." I say and Jack smiles. With that we go upstairs to my room and eat our food.