Chapter 18- WTF

We finally get home as some of our family and friends decide to stop by. Jack and I play with some of my little cousins.

"How old do you think I am?" Jack asks my cousin Kayla.

"Um like sixteen or seventeen." She smiles.

"Well I'm actually seventeen but it won't be long before I turn eighteen." He smiles back. She just looks and smiles at him.

"Kay do you have a crush on Jack?" I ask as she smiles even more.

"No." Her face turns red.

"Well that's a bummer because I think you're very cute for a six year old." Jack laughs.

"Thank you. You're very cute for a seventeen year old."

"Thanks."

"You did good Kyla." It took me a while to understand what she meant.

"He's not my boyfr-"

"Kayla come on we're about to go sweetie." Her mom says from downstairs. Jack and I take her downstairs to her mom.

"It was very nice meeting you Kayla." Jack says before she leaves.

"You too." She smiles. He gives her a hug as she can't stop blushing. We go and sit on the couch as everyone stands around and talks.

"Hey Kyla you wanna hold Liam?" My cousin asks as she comes over.

"Sure." I smile as she hands over the adorable chubby baby. She walks over to talk to my dad.

"Hey there Mr. Liam. Who's a cute baby? You are." I kiss his face all over as he begins to cry. I try to calm him but he starts to cry even more.

"Let the pro do this." Jack says holding out his arms.

"Oh please. If I couldn't do it you definitely can't." The baby begins to cry even more. I sigh and hand him over.

Jack talks to him and makes the baby laugh and smile.

"He's great with kids Kyla. He's a keeper." My aunt said as she sat in a chair.

"We're not together." I say trying not to sound mean.

"Yea I don't know how many times I've heard that." She laughs and gets up before I can respond. Jack holds Liam and talks to my family. My family really loves him. If only my boyfriend was here so they could fall in love with him.

Soon most of the people leave. Jaylen, Jacob, and some of Kyle's friends stay as we're about to have dinner.

"I'll just go." Jack says heading for the door.

"Oh no sweetie stay. Me and Kaely made all of this food and we need someone to eat it." My grandma says smiling at my other grandma.

"Well I guess I can stay. Thank you."

We all eat in silence for a while before my grand dad breaks it.

"So how did you and Kyla meet, Jack?" My grand dad asks.

"Well we met in middle school." Jack says as he smiles at me.

"How long have you two been together?"

"Oh we're not together, well that is anymore."

"Oh what happened?"

"Jack and his family left town and we didn't think long distance would work so we ended it." I lie.

"Well that's a bummer. I bet you two were the cutest couple in town."

"Yea I bet we were." I look at Jack as he looks down.