14

"Miss Hastings! Miss Hastings!" Someone calls from out the window.
"Do you have any comment about Miss Montgomery's death?"
Spencer slumps her shoulders and drags her body across the room where the sun is beaming through the window. She can feel the camera flashes lit up her face as they took pictures of the person she's become.
"GAHHHHHHH" She screams out the window, slamming it as she returned to her bed. "Stupid bitches"
She laid her head onto the pillow and starting picking at her nails. The crowd had died down and was now close to being silent. She had heard the gossip. She doesn't know how but people around the Radley know about things. A girl in the day room told her that she heard Aria's boyfriend went to rehab. She couldn't imagine Ezra in rehab but he must have been really messed up after Aria wasn't found, after she had killed her. But he wasn't as messed up as her that's for sure. A guy said that they had searched the dollhouse and Aria's body wasn't found. He said everyone had stopped looking for her. How long had it been since she was admitted? She couldn't remember but it must have been a long time if they had stopped looking for Aria. All the cops were morons anyway. They couldn't even find Aria if she had a tracking device.
"Miss Hastings, you have a visitor" A nurse pulls open her door revealing a man.
"Hello Spence" He says, entering the room.
Spencer didn't move. She didn't talk to anyone besides Aria.
"I brought you some chocolate but the nurses took them. They said you can't have them"
He came over to the end of her bed and sat down.
"Talk to me Spence. You remember who I am right? It's Toby" He takes her hand in his.
Spencer was surprised he still visited her. He would talk and talk and she would never answer. She didn't have enough strength to answer. She didn't want to answer anyone. She didn't want to talk to anyone but Aria and she only came once in a while.
"Please Spence, I'm begging you"
Her eyes shot like rockets and stared at his gorgeous face. She hated doing this to him. Giving him the silent treatment, but she had to do it. If she talked, she would tell him what happened and she would go to jail. Go to jail for killing her best friend.
"I had a break so I thought I'd stop by" He said, releasing his grip on her hand.
"But now I gotta go"
He excited his room and shut the door softly behind him.
"Hey Spencer" A voice called.
"Hi Aria" She replied "I miss you"
"I miss you too Spence" She walks over to the bed and sits down, stroking Spencer's hair.
"Do you forgive me?" Spencer stares at Aria with sad eyes.
"I forgive you, Spence. You didn't mean it. I'm in a better place now. I can watch over you and Ezra" She continues to stroke her hair.
Spencer didn't know how put Aria's fingers ran through her hair with ease, although it was knotty.
"How can you forgive me when I can't even forgive myself?" She asks.
"Cause everything is going to be alright. You're going to get better and get out of here. You're going to marry Toby and start a family and forget all about me" Aria assures her but Spencer doesn't believe it.
"I've been ignoring Toby. He won't marry me" Spencer replies.
"Of course he will. He loves you. Why else would he come and visit you every single day?"
Aria asks and Spencer shrugs, unsure of the answer.
"You need to let go of all the guilt inside you, if I can forgive you then you need to forgive yourself" She stands up. "I have to go now"
"Aria wait" Spencer calls out "I love you"
"I love you too Spence. I'll see you soon" Aria assures her.
Spencer waves and Aria disappeared into the light.