7

Ezra had been ignoring the calls from Aria's parents and Caleb. Toby had even called once or twice. He didn't have to answer, they weren't friends. He sips out of his glass, letting the cold liquid run down his throat. He sighed and popped the top of the liquor bottle. He poured it into his cup, filling it all the way up. Ezra's phone ran and he scrambled to see who it was. Although he wasn't planning on answering it, he checked it just in case it was somehow Aria. The caller Id was unknown.
"Hello" He puts the phone up to his ear.
"Ezra its me" The voice said which made Ezra's heart stop.
"Aria?" Ezra stands up gasping.
"Yes it's me. I love you so much. Don't worry I'm okay for now" She says into the phone.
"For now?" He questions
"I don't know what's going to happen to me. I just wanted to let you know I love you" He could hear her crying.
"Don't say that! I'm going to find you and we'll be able to exchange many more I love you's" Ezra puts the call on speaker phone and runs his hands though his hair.
"I never stopped loving you even when I said I needed a break. I will never stop loving you. Just please if anything would happen to me. I want you to move on. I want you to be happy"
She says in between tears.
"No Aria I will not need to move on. I will find you" He states.
"Oh no god no" She sounds scared.
He hears the rattling of a door.
"Is everything ok?" He frantically calls.
He can't even imagine what she's going through. He's scared and he's on the other side of call.
"I kind of stole A's phone and locked myself in a room. Their trying to unlock the door." Her voice was shaking.
"I love you Ar, stay with me" Ezra calls.
"Give me my phone you ungrateful bitch!" A gruff voice calls.
"Ezra!!!" Aria calls as her voice feels farther and farther away.
"You won't be calling anyone anymore" The voice says and a crash echoes through the phone.
"AHHHHH" Aria moans "my arm"
Then the phone call ends, leaving Ezra astonished. He grabs his coat and runs out the door. He arrives at the police station a few minutes later. He tells Tanner what happened and she took his phone.
"We'll get this back to you after we try to track the location of the call" She bags his phone and her and another detective go into a conference room.
Ezra nods, slumps his shoulders and walks out.