13

Three months later,
"Can I please just check news for a minute?" Ezra pleaded to the nurse.
"No electronics is part of your recovery. You need to focus on no drinking." The nurse tells him.
"Put please. I need to see if my girlfriend has been rescued. She was kidnapped" Ezra cries out. "Please"
"Sir your girlfriend is dead" The nurse checks her clipboard.
"No she's not. She's alive. I just know it. I have a feeling" He balled his hand into a fist.
He held up the necklace.
"This is the only thing I have left of her except for memories and I just need some hope. She's the reason I starting drinking and good news is the thing I need so I can stop"
The nurse closes the door.
"Fine. You can use my phone for one minute. I'm being generous here so don't tell anyone, I could loose my job" She hands him the phone.
He frantically uses google to search missing girls in Rosewood, PA. He finds an article and starts to read. He mouths the words out loud.
"Four teen girls were found in a underground bunker. The police still have no leads of to who this abductor could be. Mona Vanderwaal who was thought to be dead is alive. She is home safely. Emily Fields and Hanna Marin are in therapy but are doing just fine. Spencer Hastings is another story. She was admitted into Radley Sanitarium for the second time in her life. There has been no positive progress in her stability. Although we don't get much out of Spencer, we think her mental breakdown is because of Aria Montgomery's death, who was also abducted but was no rescued the same time as everyone else. Everyone is starting to loose hope that she's alive and after what the girls say, her parents and police have stopped searching" He takes a breath and hands the phone back to the nurse.
"How can they just give up?" He whispers to himself as the nurse leaves.
"I won't give up on you, Ar. I'll get out of here and save you. I promise"