12

"Since Spencer is out of it, it looks like we're the ones who need to try to get out of here" Hanna says. "I've been monitoring the hallways and they're is a door but I haven't been able to get there without being caught by A"
Emily nods.
"If we leave the room at approximately 11:56 tonight, we'll be able to get to the door and open it. The doors bolt shut at 12:00" She tells Emily. "You have to get Spencer while I unlock the door. We only have a few minutes before A realizes we're gone"
Emily and Hanna discuss the plan and await when they can put their plan into action.
...............................
Ezra sits on a nearby rock as the sun begins to set. He's waiting. Waiting for any sudden moment where he can go into that door and rescue Aria but nothing happens. He doesn't give up. He continues to sit there. When he checks his phone it's 11:55.
...............................
Emily drags Spencer down the hallway.
"Stop Emily" Spencer calls.
"Shhhhhhhh" Emily says, continuing to walk.
"Over here!" Hanna whispers from the top of the small staircase.
Emily runs over, Spencer by her side.
"I just need help to push this door open"
Emily drops her grip of Spencer who curls up into a ball on the floor.
...............................
Ezra hears the sound of someone trying to open the door. Caleb and Toby were asleep on the ground next to him but he refused to sleep. He was on a mission.
"Wake up" he says, shaking the others awake.
"Emily, push harder. Spencer get up and help, we're trying to get out of here" A voice called which sounded a lot like Hanna.
"I'm pushing as hard as I can" Another voice said which sounded like Emily.
He had yet to hear anyone mention Aria's name yet.
"Aria" He called, running over to the door and trying to pull it open.
"Ezra is that you?" Hanna asks from the other side.
"Yes it's me. You guys need to keep trying" He tells them as Caleb and Toby join him.
Suddenly the door swings open, knocking Ezra back. Hanna runs out first into Caleb's embrace. Emily came out next, dragging Spencer who looked like she was hungover and into Toby's open arms. No on exited next.
"Where's Aria?" Ezra questioned, his bottom lip quivering.
All the girls heads turn and face him with sad eyes.
"Ezra she's dead" Emily says.
Ezra drops onto the dirt and cries into his hands.
"No I talked to her. She was alive" He sobs
"But now she's not" Hanna cries into Caleb's shoulder.
Ezra looks up to see Spencer laying on the floor, looking crazy as ever. He heard helicopters buzzing overhead and soon they're was police running all over the place. They charged into the bunker with guns while Ezra continued to stay on the ground.
"There's another girl down here!" A woman officer called.
Ezra looks up. His hopes that it's Aria skyrocket. Minutes later, someone laying on a gurney was wheeled out. He jumps off the ground, approaching the gurney.
"Aria?" He says, looking at the girl.
But it wasn't Aria, which sent him in a puddle of tears.
"No it's Mona. Mona Vanderwaal"