Saranghe.. I Love You

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

What the..?! Where did that come from?!

I was completely shocked. I don’t know how to react or what to say. I just stood there in front of him. I don’t even know if my mouth is open or not.

Then what does he want? Does this mean, he don’t wanna see me anymore?

I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

He must’ve noticed my expression, so he tried to calm me down a little.

“It’s not what you think, Ela.” He spoke again. “Let me explain.”

“I know this may sound crazy, but I think...”

You think what?!

I want to slap him to make him come to his senses.

“I think I love you.” That’s it.

 I don’t know if I want to jump for joy, cry for the mushiness, or continue with the slapping. Nothing would come out of my mouth.

“Ela? Are you okay?” He walked towards me, concern on his face. “Please say something.”

He snapped his fingers in front of my face which helped me get back to reality.

“Can you hear yourself?!” I finally reacted. “You think you love me?! That’s exactly it. You just think you are. In that case, think again. Because, how can you be?”

I walked past him back to the living room.

“You know what? I think you need some rest. Go home now.”

He immediately followed me, but stopped to face me. I don’t want to look him in the eye, my heart might betray me if I get another look of his handsome face.

“Why are you still here?” I almost yelled, when I realized he’s still not moving. “I told you to go home, right?”

He shook me lightly to make me stop.

“Please, listen to me. Since the day you left me, I can’t stop thinking about you. That’s why I looked for you. I know it’s crazy, but I can’t help it.”

            I removed my self from his hold.

“But why me?! It’s obvious, I’m not pretty. I’m short. I’m not sexy. You’re even fairer than I am. Not to mention, you’re a superstar, and I’m just an ordinary girl. I’m even older than you by five years. Wake up, will you?!”

I wanted to cry. What I said hurt me too, but I need to be realistic. The idea of Simon and me having a relationship is what I’ve always dreamed of.

But not all dreams come true.

“I know! You might not be what could be considered as an ideal girl, but what can I do?! You make me smile. You make me laugh. You let me show the real me. I can’t stop myself from falling in love with you, Ela.”

“With you, I feel happy. Would you deprive me of my happiness?” He held me again and tried to make me look into his eyes. I can see tears forming.

I can’t make myself look any longer. If I do, I’d give in. “That’s just for now. Spur of the moment. Eventually, you’ll get over it.”

I was at the brink of breaking down already.

“Please, go home now. You’re just tired. Let’s forget about this for now. We’ll talk next time.”

He still won’t budge.

I opened the door for him. “Please.”

He might have felt my struggle. His shoulders slumped and just nodded his head low. He went out and drove away without saying goodbye.