The Feeling is Mutual

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

GABBY

I closed the door immediately after entering the house. I can’t help but lean on it, slowly letting myself slide down on the floor.

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I just kissed Simon!

Of course, any woman would be more than willing to do that. But with how he reacted on it makes me want the earth to open up and swallow me whole. He was obviously caught off guard. I even told him that that’s what I think he wanted.

I feel like some pathetic flirt!

I buried my face on my hands, trying to erase my vision of what just happened outside.

“Gabby, you are an assuming fool!” I said to myself, hands still covering my face.

“Yes, you are a fool sometimes. But, what’s with being assuming?” I didn’t notice that Rachel was already standing in front of me, arms crossed on her chest while looking down on me with one raised eyebrow.

Since she already know everything about what I feel for Simon, I decided to tell her the truth.

 “I kissed him..” it was almost a whisper. “.. but only on the cheek.” I made it clear to her, knowing how the girl’s mind works.

“Really?” she was elated, but then turned to a frown. “Cheek? Is he your dad? You should’ve aimed for his lips!”

“Chel, for crying out loud, I don’t really mean to do it!” I said standing up, flailing my arms in the air for emphasis.

“I thought, that was what he wanted to do at first, but he didn’t do it. So I kissed him, assuming that since we’re friends, it’s okay.” I let all this out in one breath, so desperate to not feel at fault of doing something I don’t know if it’s right or wrong.

“Okay fine” she said with her hands up, like in surrender. “But, you said it already, he wanted to kiss you. So what’s wrong with it? You actually did him a favor.”

“I said, I thought that’s what he wanted. I’m not really sure.” I replied, stressing on the word thought. “If you just saw he’s reaction. He was really surprised. I’m such a complete fool!”

I sat on the couch, feeling weak of being guilty of my deed, my head bowed down.

Rachel sat beside me, reaching for my hands. “Gabby, it’s just a friendly kiss, no big deal. He just didn’t expect it, but I’m sure he appreciated it. So, stop acting like a kid.”

I looked at my friend, trying to seek for assurance of what she said. She gave me a smile that somehow made me feel better. I smiled back.

She’s right. It’s just a friendly kiss. Why do you always have to be presumptuous?

I sat straight, facing Rachel and tried to change the subject. “Oh, yah, he told me that his friends want to meet me. So we’re going to dinner on Saturday. I told him that I’m going with you. He said it’s okay.”

“Oh my God!” Her eyes grew wide. I successfully diverted her attention.

“Really? I’m going to eat with three of the most eligible bachelors of Korea? Wow, thank you!

She hugged me, almost crushing my lungs. I coughed desperately for air. She noticed it immediately, and settled on shaking me back and forth instead. “I can’t believe it! You really are my friend.”

She was about to hug me again, but I stopped her at once. “I get it, okay? You’re killing me already. And, you’re welcome.”

I stood up to go and change. “It’s gonna be 7 o’ clock. Simon will pick us up, but he’ll call within the week if ever there would be changes.”