Sing to Me

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Song: Touch my Hand by David Archuleta

This is it. This is really it. It’s a matter of life and death now.

I was gazing on my refection on the dressing room mirror, letting myself absorb the idea that the people worshipping my best friend will finally get to know my existence.

Not to mention, I’ll be singing in front of them with their idol, live. It’s like finally facing my death sentence.

Will someone please give me pardon now?

They made me wear a pair of jeans ripped on the knees, which is surprisingly stylish. Then a gray sleeveless blouse with a dark shade on the back, light in front. It’s really nice.

The silver heels are my favorite. They just blow- dried my hair, adding a little mousse to let the waves cascade down my back. I like what they did with the make- up too.

Even though, the dressing rooms are at the back, meters away from the stage, you can hear the roaring of the crowd in the main hall as every guest comes out and do their thing. This made me worry more of what their reaction about me would be.

Will they accept me as their idol’s best friend? An ordinary girl from another country, being close to a hot celebrity? I guess, I’ll be expecting tomatoes, then.

It was kind of a surprise for me that Tae Yeon was the one who gave me a ride to the concert venue. I just read Simon’s text lately informing me about it.

I’ve never heard from him all day, except for that single text message. He must be very busy. It’s his birthday concert, anyway. I feel for him. It’s just sad ‘coz I wanted to be the first to personally greet him “Happy Birthday”, but I know I’ll just interfere with his already busy schedule.

I let out a deep sigh. Maybe I’ll just have to wait for my turn to be on stage, so I could see him again. My thoughts were interrupted by a light tap on my shoulder. It was Tae Yeon.

“Hey, you alright?” he said with a smile that warms my heart. “Nervous? It’s your first time to sing on stage, right?”

A small smile appeared on my face, with light shake of my head. “Not really. I used to be part of the theatre group back in university. But, this one’s totally different.”

“Really? Wow, now you make me want to watch you more out there.” He replied. “Does Yun Ho know about it?”

“I haven’t mentioned it to him. We don’t really get to talk about those kinds of things.” I admitted. This fact made me a little sad. I guess, we’re not really that close.

“I’m glad I know at least thing about you that Yun Ho doesn’t.” he commented with a proud smile on his face.

Is that something to be proud of?