Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Home sweet home...I was finally released from the hospital and now was enjoying life in my home. The Doctor said I can't work for three weeks from now on so I have a lot of free time I can spend with my brothers...and of course on my revenge.

Drew left yesterday after the night in the hospital, when I rejected him as my boyfriend although he hadn't stopped trying to convince me he's not guilty. I have seen that James guy in the city while I drove home with car my brothers bought to me a week ago. 

James seemed like a nice guy, he wasn't so disgusting and handsome as Drew but still nice. I thought about asking him about the bet Drew did, I was wondering with who and why.

After a long talk with my brothers in the living room, I turned on my laptop and searched for James  Andries. Over one hundred results appeared. I clicked on the second one.

Nine years ago, Peter Andries disappeared somewhere in Atlantic ocean, the body was never found. There was a woman with him, some of survivors said her name was Elizabeth White. She saved over ten people on the ship that was going toward USA for stock exchange. When the ship sank, thirteen people survived on survival boats and they successfully came to America. Most of survivors died, only three left.

James Andries, Peter's son was very young when the ship sank, but two years ago he spoke about it openly, in public. This event will probably always stay a mystery, why did ship sank in the first place, no one will find answers.

I couldn't believe what I have read. When my mother found out she was dying, she left with Peter that was maybe her lover? What did she have in common with the stock exchange?

So many questions crossed my mind but there was no realistic answer. I tried to collect everything and focus on the details but it was an impossible mission.

''Rose? Can I come in?''

Dan never came to my room and yet, here he was. I opened the door and in the same time closed my laptop, he shouldn't see all of this. Dealing with my protective brothers was the last thing I needed right now.

''Sorry to interrupt but our father left you a letter underneath his coat, he said we must give it to you if he dies...I must leave now, we're going to a baseball game, you can join us if you want. Um...Amanda will be there too, she said you've already met each other.''

I took the envelope with shaking hands but fortunately for me, he hadn't noticed it.

''No, it's okay, have fun and say hello to Amanda.''

''Okay, take care.''

He quickly kissed me on my forehead and stomped down the stairs, grabbed his car keys, running. My brothers were  pissed off because Dan was always late, any girl was nothing compared to him, he always spent too much time in the bathroom, sprucing.

I switched on the lamp on my desk and opened the envelope, curious.

Rose,

I wanted to tell you this by myself but many things have stopped me from doing this, death on the first place. It would be better if you know the truth about your mother and me. I already spoke to you about why your mother left...but what happened after was a mystery to you.

To clear things a bit, I'll tell you a little part of the story behind her life.

After she left, Peter Andries was interested in stock exchange and the only way to make money was that so she accepted. They went together to USA but suddenly the ship sank, I don't know why. She survived and sent me a letter explaining everything but two days after, she died.