Chapter 6

Chapter 6

As I opened the heavy curtains in my hospital room, bright sunlight streamed through the window. Outside, birds were joyfully singing, flying from a tree to a tree.

 My room was placed on the left hospital wing, where the entrance was. I could clearly see everyone who comes and leaves the hospital, including all patients outside in a wonderful garden that was made only for them.

A soft knock on the door jolted me completely awake and I quickly returned to my bed, slipping between comfortable warm sheets.

 ''Come in.''

My voice was a bit harsh and I cleared my throat as Drew came to my view.

''Hello, Princess. I have a little surprise for you today.''

Drew was joyful as always, smile never left his face; it only grew as days passed.

''Oh really?''

''Someone's grumpy!''

I had to admit I wasn't a morning person, my brothers always complained about me being grumpy, especially when it's sunny outside. I guess I preferred rain much better.

''Well if you want to be with me, find a way to live with it, I'm definitely not a morning person.''

He chuckled at my outburst but didn't tease me.

''Come on, I'll give you a hint. We'll leave somewhere today.''

Did I forget to say I hate mini trips or anything like it, especially surprises? Well I obviously did so I'll have to play along; he’s probably planned the whole thing, spent money and time on it. It would be rude if I let him down two days after me met...and fell in love?

''Um...okay! When?''

''Now.''

''Doctor permission?''

''He agreed.''

''My brothers?''

''Same.''

''Are you sure?''

''Yes.''

''Completely?''

''YES!''

I shot many questions at him, without taking a breath. I finally relaxed while he became nervous.

''Rose, you're only trying to get a reason not to go...am I really that bad company?''

He had a point there; I did try to find a reason to cancel his surprise in a very obvious and rude way. I never expected him to yell at me because of it, I just wasn't comfortable to be with a man I barely knew.

''Sorry.''

''Rose...''

''It's okay, my fault.''

Several moments passed in awkward silence, we didn't even look each other in the eyes. He was first to break the silence.

''So, are we going, or...?''

''Well if you still want me to go with you, I will.''

He put a nice smile I loved on his face again; it was a face of an angel. Drew left to pack some of my stuff. I was happy that the doctor gave me a permission to leave the hospital for a one day, it meant I wasn’t in grave danger.