Bring Me To Life

Copyright © 2011, 2012 by IvanaM.

All rights reserved by Copyright. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, decompiled, reverse engineered, or stored in or introduced into any information storage and retrieval system, in any form or by any means, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented, without the express written permission of IvanaM. If you copy this work, any part including chapters/prologue/epilogue etc. you will pay the highest fine.

Prologue

''No!''

     A painful scream tore the silence.

     The voice wasn't familiar but it startled me, I couldn't stare and wonder what happened without doing anything to help...maybe someone was in trouble.

     I was never to play a hero, but this time I turned to the direction of the sound and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

     Being very clumsy as always, I stumbled while running across branches. My face collided with the ground first, sending a jolt of pain through my head.

     Brushing the dust from my face, I stood up and continued, coming to a road.

     As if in a dream, flashes of blue and red lights blinded my vision.

     I covered my eyes with my hands, hearing someone's barely coherent cry. My eyes adjusted to the bright light pointed towards me, so I removed my hands even though I couldn't stop sivering.

     A man officer stepped out of his car, shouting something to me again. His face was twisted in worry.

    Reading off his lips, I understood something similar to: ''Move!''

     It was too late to do anything; a sharp pain pierced my side as I flew to a tree on the opposite side of the road.

     My head banged on the tree first and soon the rest of my body followed.

     Through the haze of pain and partly numbness, I saw a wide puddle of blood forming around my body that came from my side.

     Tiny tingles spread as the pain increased to the utmost level. I wished it would stop but it had done just the opposite.

     A man, around twenty years old came in my view, looking at me with concern. He was shouting, yet I couldn't focus on anything.

     The world narrowed to a blur of color.

    Several other paramedics joined, gathering around me. They took care of my wounds, trying to keep me conscious.

    I was awake the whole time and felt my body being lifted on an uncomfortable stretcher when my eyelids suddenly felt too heavy.

    I welcomed blackness as the pain faded.

    For the first time, I was afraid of dying.

*Author's note:

If you want to do a one-shot (pick any scene from this book and write a chapter using your own words and imagination), don't hesitate to share the link in the comments or send me a private message. I promise I will read it and give feedback.