Chapter 13: The Next Day In School.....

Chapter 13: Theo's P.O.V

I walked into the school, determined to talk to Natalie at the first chance I got.

Of course, I didn't expect that chance to be so soon.

Immediately after I set one foot inside the school doors, she collided with me head-on while running outside. Our heads collided, and our books were knocked out of our hands as we fell, only to land on our butts.

"Oh Theo! I'm so sorry!" she said as she scrambled to pick up our books, and I sat there with a sore ass, rubbing my forehead in pain.

I winced and stood up. "It's alright," I replied. "Here, Natalie, you don't need to help, come on, let me, no no no, you don't need to-"

All my protests were ignored as she scrambled to recover every paper of mine that had been dropped.

No, she was not going to pick them up for me! She didn't need to do that!

We both spotted the same paper at the same time, and darted for it. Our hands met, and we looked at each other.

"Natalie, you really didn't have to do that. I could've picked them up on my own!" I whined, as she picked up the paper from under my hand and thrust the pile to me.

"No," she said, as stubborn as ever, "It was I who knocked you over, so it was I that was going to pick up your stuff." She grinned and stepped closer as I took the pile out of her hands. She put a finger under my chin, lifting it up and whispering, "And I'm not gonna have it any other way, Theo."

She gave me a quick peck on the lips before spinning around and walking away.

I was left standing there in a daze before I realized that I needed to talk to her!

"Natalie, WAIT!"

I chased her down the hallway. Where did she have first period?!

I spotted Janice down the hallway. "Janice!" I called out. She turned around.

"What?"

"Where does Natalie have first period?!"

"Room 332, upstairs. Use the staircase right here and you'll get there faster."

"Thanks!"

I sprinted up the stairs, and found Natalie heading down the hallway when I reached the top.

"Natalie!"

She turned around, surprised to see me, and walked towards me; doubled over, catching my breath.

"Theo?"

"Natalie, I, I need, I need to-" I couldn't continue the sentence; I was panting too much. "Huh, hold, hold on a sec."

I had just run my butt off to get up here!

How the hell did Natalie walk that fast? There was no way that she would have sprinted.

I caught my breath and was about to say something as the warning bell rang.

"Shit!" I panted.

I was running out of time!

"What is it, Theo?"

"Well, you know, a month ago, the thing that started this whole mess was me kissing you, right?"

"Um, what?"

I stood up and stepped a bit closer to her. "And I kissed you after you telling me that you felt the same way, that you loved me, right?"