Chapter 20: Always

I'm going to tell you right now.............

After all this time that it took me to publish this................

This chapter is.....................

A filler.

........

.................Sorry!!!!!

The next one is better, though. And it won't take me so long. I ran into a bit of writer's block with this one, and it wasn't what I had planned it to be. But I know what I'm gonna write now. =)

I'll shut up so you can read...........

Fan, comment, and vote!!!!! xD

_______________________________________________

Chapter 20: Dwennon P.O.V

I worked  furiously to bind the boy to the completed rig with metal bonds and chains. Satisfied, I stepped back to admire my handmanship.

The boy was bound, but I could see him stirring.

I walked up to the hallway and called up, "He awakens! Bring the serum!"

Johnathan rushed down with the others to witness they boy waking up. I wish I could have said it was a happy event, and they boy remembered nothing of the command, but it would be the exact opposite of what actually happened.

He was in great pain.

Theo P.O.V

I was floating.

I wasn't a part of time or space; I was in between, in a dimension all my own.

I was there, but I wasn't there. I knew that time was passing, but I felt like it was standing still.

My brain was scrambled, my thoughts scattered. I didn't mind.

It was actually kind of peaceful, actually.

But it was all ruined when a coherent thought darted into my conciousness, and darted out again.

Like a hillbilly fisherman trying to catch fish with his own hands (I know, weird comparison, sorry, not all people like that are hillbillies), I tried to grasp the thought, to hold onto it.

As they say; 'curiosity woke the Theo'.

Wait, no one says that.....

I caught the thought.

If this is all I have to experience from the command to kill myself from the siren, then this is actually kinda nic-

I jerked awake and screamed.

That one thought had triggered a chain reaction; I had remembered why I had been unconscious, what had happened, and how the siren had told me to kill myself.

And the pain was back.

It was like my head had exploded, like it was on fire.

I felt like I had been shot, in multiple places, and kicked in the groin by a sumo-wrestler.

I felt like I was in Hell, suffering, when I was innocent.

And on top of that, it felt like my head was being crushed, slowly and painfully, like trash in a garbage truck.

I continued to scream, seeing nothing but red, thinking of nothing but the pain.

The pain.

The pain.

The pain.

The pain.

The pai-

Natalie's P.O.V

I ran over to Theo and injected the serum into his arm.

Immediately, he went limp.

And I collapsed.

Tears poured down my face and sobs racked my body. I sat up and wrapped my arms around myself.

It felt that if I let go, I would fall apart.

This is not the Theo that we all knew and loved.

This was a tortured Theo, a shadow of himself, unable to do anything but scream and cry because of the terrible pain he was going through.

And how would we be able to cure it?

By the time we did, he would be too mentally scarred to be able to think straight anymore.

He might as well be a vegetable, because his brain would be destroyed by the pain he was experiencing.

He would no longer love me.

He would be as good as dead.

I heard someone screaming and thought that Theo had woken up again, but after a while I realized that the sound was coming from me.

I can't tell you how long I sat there, but after a while I could sense that the others had left.

This was a kind of pain that they couldn't comfort.

But as I felt someone wrapping their arms around me and embracing me, I realized that one person had stayed.

Denise.

"Yeah, I know," she whispered. "Love sucks. I can't pretend to know what you're going through right now, but I can tell you that I'll always be here. I haven't known you as well as some of the others have, and I know that I've never really spoken to you before now, but I'll always be here."

She held me as I cried into her shoulders.

"I'll always be here for you, Natalie."

 As I continued to sob, she only held me tighter. I calmed down after a bit, and sniffled.

"Sorry about your shirt."

We both glanced down to her tear-soaked shirt, and she laughed.

"A shirt is replaceable. A mate - loving someone forever - is not."

I nodded.

Even if Theo became the mental equivalent to a vegtable, I would still love him.

"Always....." I echoed.

Always.