The One Before Twenty

AUTHOR'S NOTE: PLEASE READ!!!

Okay, I am putting this story on hold for two or three weeks. I'm sorry! But you see, the thing is, I'm getting kind of put off by this story. I don't think this is my best work...in fact, I think it kind of sucks. Which is why I'm upset that everyone is reading this sucky story instead of my other ones (especially My Sweet, Sweet Prison) which I think are a lot better. So I'm putting this story on hold so that that will give people a chance to read my other stories? Please? Pretty please?

Well, that's enough blabbing on my part. I'll get down to the point. And by point I mean story.

~Bleeding Roses~

Chapter 19

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit!!"

I groggily opened my eyes. The sun was blinding, and I had to squint to be able to see anything. But what I did see made my blood run cold.

"Jace? Is that what I think it is?"

"The devil himself."

I groaned. "Put me down."

Jace released me, and I staggered to my feet as I stared at the sight before me. I leaned heavily on Jace, catching the towel that was wrapped around me before it fell to the ground. I shivered involuntarily, both from the cold, but also from what I saw.

My throat ached. It felt like it did when I was 11 years old and had Strep. I guess that's a perk of drowning, huh?

We were on the point of the ship, and it was going down fast. Our only hope was heading right towards us, but to tell you the truth, I would rather die than get saved this way.

Elizabeth was standing near, all puffy. She gripped Jace's strong arm in her bony little fingers, and it that moment I wanted to tear out her eye sockets.

"Jacey, I'm scared. Will you hold me?" She looked up at Jace with her big, blue eyes, filled with tears threatening to release and cascade down her cheeks in waterfalls. Seriously? She was coming on to him in a time like this? Did she not realize the danger we were in?

"Of course, sweetheart. Come here." He leaned over and picked her up, cuddling her close. During the process he let go of my hand. Was he really falling for this?

"Jace. I am so so sorry to interrupt your little 'play time,' but we are kind of in the middle of a crisis. Now put down the little PlayBunny and do something!"

He sighed, lowering Elizabeth from his face. He looked at me with steady, sapphire eyes. "Annie, we only have two options. Stay on this boat and die, or go with him."

"I think you are missing something. Those are not the options. The options are: Stay here and die, or go with him...AND DIE. Either way we're dead, and drowning is more graceful than getting stabbed multiple times, don't you think?"

"I don't want to deal with this right now."

"Jace-"

"He said he doesn't want to deal with this!" Elizabeth glared at me, hatred written all over her face. And you know what? I'm pretty sure mine mirrored her exactly.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your fun time. I'll just turn away and you two can hump like the bunnies you are!" I yelled, turning my back on them.

"Oo, somebody's snappy." The dark, seductive voice said from behind me. I froze.

"Hello, Delos."

ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE: YEP, THIS IS SHORT TOO. DEAL WITH IT. I WILL POST AGAIN IN THREE WEEKS AT THE MOST, TWO WEEKS AT THE LEAST.