chapter 18

~Bleeding Roses~

Chapter 18

The. Boat. Is. Sinking.

This is not happening!

Here I am, the boat sinking and me on the floor. The water is already all the way up to my chin! MY CHIN!!!

I am not going to call out for help again like some helpless little prick. No, I am going to get up there by myself. Besides, Jace told me to get life vests. When I don't come up with them, he will come find me.

But...then it might be too late. I might have already drowned by then. He said he was trying to get ahold of a close ship, that might take awhile. But...but...but...ELIZABETH!!! Elizabeth will notice soon! She probably already has. It doesn't take that long to get life vests.

But knowing Elizabeth, she won't say anything. The little brat hates me and trust me, the feelings are mutual. Very mutual.

Yeah, that's right Annie. Keep on keeping on. Ignore the flaring pain in your leg. That's right. Panic some more so that you don't think about it. Don't think about it. Don't...don't...don't...

Oh screw this! "JACE! ELIZABETH! HELP! HELP HELP HELP!!!" I put all the strength I could muster into those words. I didn't care what anyone thought because I am amazing. Yes, that's right, I'm amazing!

I'm going crazy. The water is numbing my mind and I am thinking crazy things. MY LEG BURNS, BITCHES!!!

Okay, okay. I am calm. Calm, calm, calm. So calm.

The water won't stop rising. Why won't the water stop rising?

"Annie?! Annie, where are you?!" It was Jace! Hurrah!

I opened my mouth to answer, and the water flooded inside. Damn it! I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe? Oh yeah, 'cause there's a bunch of freaking water in my lungs.

Now how am I going to tell Jace where I am? He won't know!

My thoughts were jumbled, bouncing around inside my skull. I failed to realize that the boat wasn't that big and Jace probably knew where the life vests were, meaning that it would take him almost no time at all to find me.

And then there he was, bounding down the stairs.

"Annie, what happened?" he cried, failing to notice that I was unable to speak.

"Oh, come here. Here, here, let me pick you up."

His pant legs got all wet as he leaned down and lifted me out of the water. I, meanwhile, was choking and panicking and not breathing. Black spots were dancing around my vision.

Jace, seeing my dilemma, threw me on the stairs. This, I assure you, was not enjoyable at all. He pounded on my back, very hardly (excuse me, but is that a word? I never finished high school, seeing as I went to Paris, so I do not know these words, 'mkay?"), I might add.

I coughed up the water, which burned like a bitch. It does have megatons of salt in it, after all.

'This is not happening, this is NOT happening,' I thought as the world went black.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HI, I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT I FELT LIKE UPLOADING SO I WON'T HAVE TO FOR A FEW DAYS. I DIDN'T GET MY LIMIT, BUT THAT'S OKAY, I'M NOT GOING TO PUT ONE THIS CHAPTER. THANKS TO MY AWESOME READERS READ ON TO THE WORLDS. YES, I KNOW I'M CRAZY JUST IGNORE ME OKAY? OKAY. BYE. I'LL UPLOAD MORE SOON.