Bleeding Roses- The Root of The Problem (Ch. 6)

There were many things wrong with me. 

One, I was hungry. So so hungry. Starving. How I’d survived so long was a mystery to me. I haven’t eaten is so long... I missed food. And if I had to go much longer without eating... Well, lets say I might go to extreme measures. 

Two, I was cold. My body was numb with how cold it was. I was lying on the floor, shackled. It was a metal room with metal shackles. And they were freezing my skin. My toes were even turning blue. 

Three, my head throbbed. I could barely see, my head burning. It felt like there was a knife shoved into the back of my head. 

Four, I really really really had to use the bathroom. Enough said. 

*Warning! Do not read this part if you have a weak stomach! Just skip down to the other stars!*

A big fat cockroach scurried over to me, curious. I stared at it, a million thoughts running through my mind. My stomach growled, loudly. I shuffled across the floor, towards it. It didn’t move. 

Raising my hand as high as it would go, I brought it down hard, right on the cockroach’s back, smashing the shell. Blood and guts flew everywhere, splattering my face. I licked my lips greedily, reaching for the bug. I grabbed it, bringing it towards my mouth and opening it wide and raising to my mouth, about to put it in. 

*Okay, you can read now. Basically, she just tried to eat a cockroach*

“Stop! Put that thing down!” An old man, probably around the age of sixty, came in. He was bald, with huge ears, and mean squinty eyes. He was fat, but very muscular, and he carried a knife in his hand.

I dropped the cockroach, looking at him hopefully. Was he here to bring me food? Please oh please... 

He stared at me for a moment. “You’re prettier than I’d thought you’d be, Annie.”

“What do you mean...?”

He chuckled, grinning from ear to ear. He bent down so his face was right up near hers. 

“My name, is Delos.” 

----------

Author’s Note: I really wanted to end this scene here and leave you guys in suspense, and then make you leave me like a ton of comments, but it’s too short so boo.

---------

“Delos?” I whispered, horrified. No. It can’t be... but the voice was the same. 

“Yeah, sweet cheeks.” 

“How.... how old are you?” 

“56.” He said proudly, grinning at me, “Oh and by the way, Jake is my grandson, not my son.” 

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Even through all the pain I was feeling, I felt like a million shards of glass were stabbing into my heart, breaking it into a million pieces. All my hope, gone. I slumped against the floor, not caring about the blood and guts, and dead cockroach body. I wanted to die. 

Tears leaked from my eyes. I wanted to be home, full from a meal my mommy cooked. I wanted to be lying in my bed, with my daddy kissing me on my forehead, and turning off the light. I want to be cuddled up with my doggie, Paco, comfortable and safe. I was only fifteen! Why was this happening to me? (A/N: I actually like seriously cried when I wrote that. I felt so sad for her)

“Aw, is the little baby crying?” Delos asked, teasing me. “Well, cut it out!” He slapped me, making my head jerk to the side. 

“I didn’t come hear to watch you cry.”