Chapter 12

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! SO TO MAKE UP FOR IT, I AM POSTING 2 CHAPTERS!!!!!

BTW Thanks for your responses but is the story getting boring? Tell me if it is and how I could get you guys interested again.

 Oh by the way one reader asked of they were mates and let me just tell you now that they ARE NOT MATES. I have read other stories with mates and they are AWESOME!!!!! But I don't want my characters to fall in love at first sight. Right now they are attracted to each other and have some sort of feeling towards each other. So I hope it makes sense.

 Comment

 Vote

 =) 

************************************************************************************************************

 Chapter 12

 Talulah's Pov

Talulah stared nervously into Masen's eyes. She had rejected so many guys before that it came easily to her and she never felt bad, but sitting here beside this hunk of a God and telling him 'No' made her heart clench painfully. She didn't know why she did it, but all she knew was that she didn't want to see a frown marr his beautiful face.

"Masen, I've been dealing with guys a long time and its easy to keep them a distance from myself. I know there's something there with us, but to be honest, I'm scared. I don't want to get hurt again. You might not even know you're doing it and I don't want to live like that. Plus, I've got so much baggage and if.. if we did become serious I'm scared you'll begin to resent me and push me away. I don't want that to happen and you deserve better. Please don't do this. Please."

She was begging. Begging him to leave it alone. She didn't want to bring trouble to him and it was true. He did deserve better. He was an Alpha and he had special duties to the pack but he couldn't do that with a wolf like her. She would disgrace him and she'd had enough teasing to last her a life time.

Suddenly Masen grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her into his lap. He trapped her in his arms, allowing no escape, not that she was complaining.

 His movements were aggressive but his voice was gentle and soft.

 "I don't know if you're looking for pity or what, 'cause I won't give it to you. Have you seen yourself now? You're much stronger than the girl you were 5 years ago. I don't care if you've got emotional baggage or even a secret love child. I want to do it all with you. I know you can trust me. We'll go slow. I'm not going to hurt you and I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise you. Just give us a chance baby. If you want we can carry on as how we are now? I don't mind. So long as people know that you're not available anymore."

His voice had gotten deeper and rougher towards the end and it made her shiver in a good way. She felt embarrased with the things she spilt to him. She wasn't ever such a sensitive girl, but for some reason Masen broke through her tough exterior every time and she always blurted out things she had kept hidden for years.

What he had said to her made her melt but she knew he wouldn't be able to keep his promise. Promises were made to break and sooner or later she was going to break.

 She still hadn't spoken when Masen sighed.

 "So it's gonna be like that, is it? You gonna sit back like the coward you are, sweetheart? I never knew you were the chicken type? 'Cause baby, I thought you were actually brave. You know, when you act like a bitch to everyone but your friends? But I guess it's all an act right? Just a scared little girl."

 She knew he was riling her up. She knew she was about to play right into his hands. She knew she was stupid to even open her mouth. But she couldn't get over the fact that what he said was true! But she wasn't a coward. She was anything but that.