Chapter 28

Wow!!! I was amazed that only after a day you guys read and voted on the last chapter!!!!!

So I dont know when I'm gonna update next. For some reason I dont feel that excited about this story anymore. At the beginning I was so bubbly about it and just so HAPPY!!!! Now I feel like I just want it over and done with. And I've got so many ideas for new stories but I dont know how to put them down.

Sorry for that long rant.

And on with the story!!!!

*** *** *** *** *** ***

Chapter 28

Masen's Pov

Masen was angry. He was furious. And he was scared, like he had never been before.

He had tried so hard over the past few days to stay away from her. It was so fucking difficult not to run up to her and kiss the hell out of her. He didn't mean to hurt her. At first he had no idea what was happening to him. His wolf tried to calm him down but the human side of him...for the first time ever his wolf wasn't able to calm him. The raging emotions of betrayal and hurt poured through him and he couldn't figure out what exactly was happening. Why? Why now? When everything was going so well.

Masen was tired and sleep deprived. He had seen her at school. The vulnerable look to her face. The clothes that were too big for her and made her seem even smaller. She looked like a lost child and he wanted to pick her up and sit her on his lap, and tell her it's okay.

But he couldn't. Not now anyway. As long as he stayed away from her and she was being watched at all times, she would be fine. And then he would kill the bastard. And then he would ask her to forgive him. And he would tell her she didn't need to worry about that mother fucker anymore. And they would be fine.

But he should have known that it wouldn't work out like that.

He shouldn't have left her alone. He shouldn't have made her feel as if she was alone. And now she was gone because of his stupid mistakes.

He had hurt her so much she had left the house but he had made sure she was protected at all times. His friends knew. They knew how much he cared for her and they agreed to keep watch. But it wasn't supposed to end like this. He wanted to cry out his frustrations but he wouldn't allow himself the relief. Masen had to see her first.

The first day Masen had ignored her, he heard her cries. He could tell she was trying to hide them, but it tore at his heart that she was hurting like that. Masen tried to console himself with the fact that he was doing it all to protect her. But the annoying part of him whispered, "Aren't you just hurting her more?"

He couldn't believe it. And then she left the house. He didn't know she would take it that far. Andhe couldn't stop her either. So he went to see her at night. Like that creepy guy from that vampire movie. He watched her sleep. Or try to sleep. He watched her cry out in her nightmares and toss and turn. He couldn't sleep anymore and it didn't look like she was getting any. But soon they would be together. At least, that was what he had thought.

And then the ex-boyfriend came into view. That idiotic bastard had the guts to come back to her. Cole had been watching Talulah that day. God, it hurt to even think of her name. And that boy came. Human boy.

There was no actual reason to do a check on him. He seemed harmless. And why would he want to harm Talulah anyway? They were stupid not to keep a check. No. He was stupid. All his fault. And he could never forgive himself.

He had done a background check on the boy. Dad had run off long ago. Mom died a couple of months ago. Death-unknown. The records say it looked more like a murder than a suicide but they weren't able to get any information from the son who had discovered his mom's body. The son had been declared mentally unstable after running rampant with a knife 'trying to avenge his mother's death' was put down.