Chapter 24 ~ It's because of you

New update! This ones dedicated to "bossmaster101" since she asked me to write another before she left for her holiday! So here you go lovely! Hope you all like it! And please let me know what you think!!

Also! I have a new story out called "While our bloods still young" Soooo, it would be fabulous if you could check it out!! xx-S

With Dad's arms still around me we walked into the on-call room where my mums and Jackson were waiting. As we walked through the doors they all instantly jumped to their feet.

"Oh sweetie" Mum said stepping towards me. "I'm okay" I reassured, she ignored my statement and wrapped her arms around me. I felt my other mums hand rub my back in soothing circles. We pulled away and I wiped a few stray tears "I'm sorry, I don't even know why im crying" I began, snuffling "I must look so pathetic". "Sofia, you lost one of your patients tonight, you don't need to be sorry" Mum said softly rubbing my arm. I looked down at the floor and nodded my head as if I agreed. But in truth I did not.

Dad broke the silence "Come on, let's get you home yeah?" He asked rhetorically. My mums nodded their heads and grabbed my jacket and shoes from my hands and lead their way out the door. I felt a strong arm take me by the waist and I looked up to see Jackson's deep blue eyes looking down at me. He squeezed my body to his reassuringly but did not saying anything.

That's what I liked about being with Jackson, we often did not have to speak to let each other know everything was going to be okay and that we cared for each other. Just by each others presence and small gestures was enough.

The sound of the door being unlocked rang throughout the apartment that both my mums, dad and I shared.

I really did have to get my own place…

With Jackson's arm still wrapped around me we walked into the apartment. I released myself from his grip and declared I was going for a shower and wandered into my room before chucking my belongings onto the bed and stripping off before jumping in the shower.

I leant against the shower wall and slid down as the steaming hot water ran over my tense and exhausted body. And then the tears began to flow once more as I pulled my legs close to my body so I could lean my head on my knees. The sound of the water drowned out my sobs as i cried and cried and cried.

Jackson's Pov,

As Sofia went to have a shower I turned to her parents in the kitchen. Mark opened the fridge and pulled up two beers gesturing towards me. I nodded eagerly even though it was like...3 in the morning.

Silence filled the room.

Sobs rang throughout the apartment as Sofia cried in the shower, obivously thinking we wouldn't be able to hear her. A pained expression grew across Arizona's face "It's never been this bad" She said quietly. I looked up at her "What do you mean?", Callie picked up the phone and announced that she was going to order pizza as Mark turned on the heater. "When she looses a patient she cries, she's...upset for a while...But not like this, ive never seen her this bad" She sighed. "But why this particular patient?" I asked "I'm not sure…" She looked up and her eyes met mine " I think it's because of you. I think she loves you, and I think she's realised and seen what it's like to loose someone and now she has you, she has something that death can touch, and I think that scares her."

Tears pricked my eyes.

She sighed once more "Im not sure if that made any sense" she said giving a small smile "but I think you get what I mean". I nodded my head as she began cleaning the kitchen bench with a damp rag.

It had been a while since I heard the shower running so I decided to go check on Sofia. I knocked quietly on her bedroom door and creaked it open. I saw her lying on the bed in a pair of sweatpants and oversized jumper. I shut the door quietly behind me and tiptoed over to her bed. I laid down next to her and propped my elbow up so my head was resting on my hand "Hey...how you feeling?" I asked softly. She rolled over so she was looking at me, "Better" she replied. I pushed a strand of hair out of her face and placed a soft kiss on her lips before pulling her in next to me. She snuggled into my chest and I planted a kiss on the top of her head as i clicked off the lamp.

Sofia's Pov,

I woke up with sunlight streaming in through the window, I rolled over expecting to find Jackson sleeping peacefully next to me but was welcomed by an empty pillow. I slowly sat up, letting my eyes adjust to the light before flicking off the covers and padding over to door. I opened it and walked out to find my mums in the kitchen cooking breakfast "Good morning, how are you feeling?" asked mum as she piled a few pancakes onto a plate. "Good" I replied giving them a small smile and seating my self on a stool at the breakfast bar. "Where's Jackson?" I asked looking around the apartment "And Dad?" "Jackson got called in last night and your dad has a surgery at 8" she replied putting a couple of pancakes on a plate and pushing it towards me along with the syrup. I nodded my head slowly and shoved a piece of pancake in my mouth.

I walked back into my room and checked the time '8:45'. I had to be at the hospital at 9 so I wandered over to my wardrobe and pulled out a a pair of dark blue jeans, high brown leather tie up boots, a white singlet and red jacket. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face before applying a little makeup and slipping into my clothes. Running my hand through my hair I took a deep breath before walking back out into the main living area where my mums were now cleaning up breakfast. "What time are you going into the hospital today?" I asked slipping my jacket on "I have a surgery around lunchtime and Arizona's got the day off, but you'll probably see her wandering around looking for a surgery to perform or tiny humans to fix" She replied smirking, mum nudged her in the side before looking up at me "What time do you finish?" she asked "Umm, Im supposed to get off around 10 tonight but something might come up" I replied grabbing my bag and swinging it on my shoulder. "Okay then, see you later" I said kissing them both goodbye before heading out the door.

Ice and snow covered the bushes and streets as I exited the apartment building. I crossed the already busy street and was soon welcomed by the heated walls of the hospital. I was greeted by familiar faces as I walked over to the coffee cart and ordered the usual. Taking a sip from my coffee I pressed '3' on the elevator and waited to be carried up to the Ped's floor.

1

2

3

*Ding*

As the doors opened I looked up,

"Harry, what are you doing here?"