Epilogue

"Mary!?"

My hand dropped down and scooped up a toy dinosaur and half bowl of cheerios off the floor.

Emptying the cheerios into the bin I called her name again "Meredith, sweetie your going to be late for school"

Dropping the dinosaur into the toy basket I finally heard her tiny footsteps trumping down the stairs "Im here Mummy"

I smiled "Good girl, grab your backpack. Do you know where Daddy is?"

She shook her head, her blonde curls bouncing.

"Im right here"

I turned to see my husband walk into the kitchen "He needed a change" He continued, handing Addison to me . I propped him up on my hip.

"What time are you supposed to be there?" he asked giving me a kiss on the cheek as he passed behind me to grab Addison's bag.

"8:30" I replied "Come on sweetie, grab your backpack" I ushered Meredith

She hopped up from the little play table and attempted to get her bag on her back "We better get going then" my husband commented helping Mer put on her bag. I nodded my head, before looping my bag up onto my shoulder.

With Addison still sitting on my hip, Mary waddling in front of me and my husbands hand firmly pressed against the small of my back, we finally made it out the front door.

Strapping Addison into his seat and Meredith into hers, I got in the passenger seat as we reared out the driveway.

With my hand softly entwined with the love of my lifes, I watched out the window as new morning in Los Angeles was blooming.

15 minutes passed until we pulled into 'Sea Shell's" car park.

"I don’t know how long I will be" I said, holding Meredith's hand as I looked up to see my husband getting Addison out of the car.

"That's okay. Take your time. We will be just over there" He replied nodding over to the park a few meters from the café.

"What time are you supposed to be at that job?"

"Not until 11" He answered

I nodded my head.

"Hey.."

I looked up to meet his gaze "Don't worry. We'll be just over there"

I smiled "Thank you" I whispered before leaning in and giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

He smiled before taking Meredith's small hand in his and guiding them towards the park "Bye Mummy" Meredith waved "I love you" She said blowing me kisses.