Chapter 21 ~ The surgery

Are you guys proud? I only updated like yesterday! Woo! New chapter hope you like it!! Sorry if its a little boring but the next few chapters will be better i just wanted to give you guys another update!! xx

Harry's Pov,

I walked through the door of the boy's and mine apartment letting the door slam behind me. I cringed hoping I didn't wake the rest of the boys.

I crept towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator and skulled half the milk.

"How was your date?"

I jumped making the milk spill all over my mouth and nose. I turned around to see Liam standing in his flannelette pyjamas that Danielle had bought him last time they saw each other. 

"Your home early" Niall said walking into the kitchen, he didn't look like he had been asleep yet. And neither did Zayn as he followed behind Niall.

"Yeah I umm.. it didn't go as planned" I said rubbing the back of my neck

"What do you mean?" Louis and Niall said in sync as Louis walked in wearing only boxers

I exhaled and began to recite tonights events.

"Wow. That's...that sucks" was all Niall could muster up after I told them about Sofia's running after Jackson and having their own little hollywood movie scene on the sidewalk while India and I stood awkwardly to the side.

"I'm sorry dude" Liam said patting me on the back "I know you really liked her"

"mm" I grumbled

"So..What now?" Zayn asked looking over at me

I shrugged "There's nothing I really can do. She chose that Plastics surgeon over me"

I heard all the boys give a slight sigh.

"I'm going to bed" I said standing up and walking out of the room.

Sofia's Pov,

"What happens if her brain is bleeding?" I asked opening a scrub brush and turning on the water

"We stop it and do the best we can to not do any damage. She is still young and parts of her brain may be still developing"

I didn't say anything.

"We wont know anything until we get in there" Derek continued as he finished scrubbing in and headed into the OR and I quickly followed.

4 hours later and we had found the source of the brain bleed. Thank god Sophie's parents agreed to the surgery.

"Alright, we are done here" Sheperd said backing away from the table and taking off his head light "Close her up and ill go tell the good news to her parents. Good work everybody" He said walking towards the scrub room to scrub out.

"That was amazing" I said as I took off my mask and scrub cap

Derek smiled "Yeah"

We scrubbed out and walked out of the OR. "You going to Joes tonight?" He asked as we signed off the surgery chart

"Yeah, I think everyone's going for New Year drinks" I replied giving the chart back to the nurse

"Well, I guess I'll see you there. I'm going to go bear the good news to her parents, you coming?" He asked turning towards me

"Mhm"

"Okay, let's go" he called and we started down the hall and made our way to the waiting room.

After informing Mr and Mrs Layton of the successful surgery on Sophie and enduring the hugs and happy tears Derek and I walked back to the on call room.

Meredith, George, Alex and April were in there chatting away about god knows what. "How did the surgery go?" Meredith asked as Derek walked over to her and wrapped her arm around her and gave her a quick kiss. "Really good" He replied getting back up and walking over to where the coffee was.

"Have you guys seen Jackson?" I asked looking over at the other 3

They shook their heads.

"Hmm" I hummed pursing my lips.

"Hey George what time are we going over to Joes?" April asked looking over at George as he sipped on a juice box.

"Uhh, we were thinking around 7? I'm pretty sure that’s around the time everybody gets off" He replied

"Okay" April chirped back "Is it alright if Matthew comes?"

"Ughh" Alex said quietly and rolled his eyes

I threw a magazine at him and he chucked it back "Don't be mean" I hissed as April made a face at him.

"Anybody wanna grab some food?" I asked.

Meredith and Derek were over on the bunks sleeping so im guessing they weren't going to come and George held up his juice box to signal he was fine.

"I'll come" April chimmed jumping up

"Alex?"

"Nah, I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Sloan. But I'll be done in time for Joes" He said getting up and walking out of the room.

April shrugged and I followed her out of the on call room to get some decent food.

Let me know what you think and please don't forget to vote and comment!! Hope you liked it!  Sorry it wsa boring, it's more of a fill in chapter, but anyway hope you enjoyed it!! xx-S