Chapter Twenty-Five - You Can Be Target Practise

---------> Picture Of Luke

Chapter Twenty-Five

Autumn P.O.V

Three weeks had gone past since Luke had told me that he had betrayed me, it broke my heart to think that one of my best friends and my best friends mate had tried to hurt me so much. He still tried to convince me daily that he was not working with his partner anymore but I didn’t know whether I believed him or not.

It had also been three weeks since I spoke. With the pain of losing my mate and best friend it was just too much. My wolf told me that it was because of the anxiety attacks but the real reason was because I didn’t have anyone to talk to.

Of course Luke tried to talk to me but I had been ignoring him for three weeks now, so why would I stop? I could still feel Max’s sadness and anger even though we were thousands of miles apart; I guess the saying was right being apart makes the heart grow fonder.

I am still waiting for my chance to go back to him and I know I will be able to soon. You see, for the past three weeks I have been in training, I promised my wolf that I would kill this bitch and I meant it. I have been doing everything from knife trowing to more karate, I have even been practising fighting styles in my wolf form.

Right now I am standing 100 meters away from a tree with a small knife in one hand. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, curling my fingers around the cold handle. I tried to sense the tree in front of me, pulling my arm back I realised the knife and didn’t open my eyes till I hear a crack.

Looking at the tree I smiled at the knife that had embedded its self right in the centre of the bullseye I had painted. The smile fell when I felt my whole body go limp, I fell to the floor and started pulling as much air in to my lungs as I could. The pain was almost unbearable and for a split second all I wanted to do was die.

I curled into a tight ball and tried to ignore the shouting in my head, I screamed out in pain and my wolf slowly started to drift from my mind. I screamed out her name and felt tears start falling down my face. A hand grabbed my shoulder and the pain increased dramatically the touch of someone other than Max hurt more than anything I had ever known.

I curled ever smaller and let out a small whimper. My throat hurt from not being used, it felt like I had swallowed rocks and my body felt like it had been thrown into a fire. As the pain started to die down I felt the presence of someone behind me.

Jumping to my feet I turned to find a very scared looking Luke. I gave him a questioning look and he gestured for me to sit down. I still wasn’t going to talk to him but judging by his face I could tell that this was something I had to listen to.

Luke put his fingers throw this blond hair and let out a sigh. It was only now that I was realising how tired he looked and he had defiantly lost weight. The first thought that came to me made me finally break my three week silence.

“Did something happen to Erin?!” my yell seemed to surprise him because he fall back a little and the sadness on his face changed to complete surprise.

“What? No of course not… Well I mean besides from the fact that she isn’t speaking to me and is on the verge of rejecting me.” Luke’s eyes started to well and I felt the need to hug my best friend, but sadly he wasn’t my best friend.

“Wait, why?” I tried to ask a soft as I could but obviously not soft enough because this caused Luke to lose it and he turned into a sobbing mess. Have you ever seen a fully grown, muscular, werewolf cry? Well I can tell you it is heartbreaking.

Just for that moment I forgot that I was meant to be angry with him and I did the thing that felt right and I hugged him. I hugged him because I missed Max and because Luke was hurting. I hugged him because even though I hated to admit it I still loved my Superman, he would always be one of my best friends.