Chapter Sixteen - Luke, Tell Me A Story

Chapter Sixteen

“YOUR WHAT?!” I couldn’t believe this I put my head in my hands and took deep breaths trying to calm my wolf. I was a horrible person, not only did I cheat on my mate if front for him, but I also did it with his brother.

I felt a hand go on to my shoulder but I simply glared at Luke,

“Why are you taking this so badly? So he’s my brother it’s not a big deal…” I slammed my hand on the table and stood up,

“Not a big deal! You don’t understand how horrible I feel for putting Max though everything I have and now knowing that it is actually ten times worse.” I slumped down into my chair and rested my head face down on my arms. All I wanted to do was go to Max and say I was sorry, I got up about to do that but then I remembered something,

“Wait but you’re a rogue how does that work?” I wiped my hands over my damp eyes,

“Ah, now Miss Curious is back…“ He smirked and crossed his arms, I growled in a threating way, I was not in the mood for games. Sighing he gestured me to sit, I waited for a moment before sitting down and giving him my full attention.

“I don’t remember much of my childhood. I remember when I was six years old I ran away from my abusive pack, I was more of a slave there than a member. At one point jurying my first few weeks of being a rogue I was so weak from hunger that I simply blacked out. I awoke to find myself in a small handmade house in the woods. There was both food and water next to my bed. Later on that night a lady came home her name was Maria Cane.” A sadness seemed to wash over Luke as he said her name and I could see him fighting back tears,

“You don’t have to go on if you don’t want to.” I explained while taking one of his hands in mine,

“No I want to.” Luke took a shaky breath before continuing, “Maria was one of the nicest people I have ever meant. When I had first woken up in that strange small house I had felt so scared but as soon as Maria had come back I felt like I was home” Luke looked in to the distance with a sad smile on his face.

“Was she a human or a werewolf?” My question brought him out of his daze and back to the present,

“She was a rogue, but unlike any I had ever meet. She lived in a house on the Red Moon packs territory” I was about to ask a question when Luke put a hand up, “please hold all questions till the end of the story. So as I was saying we stayed in her house on the Red Moon packs territory. I know you are wondering why the Red Moon pack let us stay on their territory, the reason was because we were no threat to them. So they let us stay as long as we had no contact with the pack and they were allowed to search our house at any time, which I should mention they only did once in all the time I was there. “

“I stayed and lived with Maria for nearly twelve years. I was more than happy up until the day that the Luna Night pack attacked…” Luke went silent and looked down at the hand I was holding, I gave it a reassuring squeeze, “they killed her Autumn…” He looked from our hands up to my eyes, I saw tears swimming, I felt my heart break for my new friend. Right now he looked so small and vulnerable.

“We were eating lunch in our small backyard when a huge bunch of wolves attacked us. I defended us as much as I could but because I had just turn sixteen and only recently shifted my wolf wasn’t really fit to fight. I had been so court up in trying to protect us that I hadn’t seen how many wolves there really were. They had tried so hard to kill me, but as long as Maria was still alive I had sworn to always protect her…” Luke took a deep breath and at this moment I could see just how broken he really was.

“They killed her right before my eyes. I had taken my eyes off her for a second and she was gone, I still remember my world crashing all around me and the point of fighting leave my body. I crumpled to the ground and waited for them to let me join Maria, she was the only person I ever trusted and the only person I will ever call family. I waited what felt like hours till I realised that every single one of the wolves had backed off, I had looked up and had seen the Alpha offering me his hand so of course I did what any kid in grief would do and I spat at him and he did the only thing I didn’t think he would do, he laughed. I was so confused that I didn’t realise that some of the wolves were closing in and before I knew what was happening everything when black. When I woke up I was in a pack hospital bed and the Alpha was sitting next to me I had asked all the what, how and why questions and ended up breaking down into tears when I thought about Maria. The Alpha had tried to show me so much love and I had begged him to kill me, he then went on to explain that they had taken some blood just as protocol and that it had turned out that my DNA match his son perfectly. He then asked me all about my family and I had looked at him with disgust and had said ‘you killed my family’ he had looked slightly taken back at first and had then apologized saying that they had a very good reason and he would tell me on day. He had then explained that he had once had a son that had been taken away from him sixteen years ago and that I was that son. At first I had been so happy to find my real family but after those quick thoughts I had remembered that this so called ‘family’ had killed the only Mother type person I had ever loved. I had gotten so angry that I had blacked out and when I woke up I was in a small cottage with locks and bolts all around it. Basically after a year I was let out and your Alpha Jack slash my dad said I could go to school as long as I didn’t run away, and now I am here telling you my story. Also the reason all the kids are afraid of me is because there are a lot of rumours as to why I am still a rogue and why I was locked up for so long.”

I stared at him opened mouth, “But don’t they know that you the Alpha’s son?” I asked,

“Well I told Jack that if he ever said I was part of his family I would kill myself so that I could go join my real family.” I hadn’t realised how hard Luke was holding my hand till I saw blood come out of the cuts in my hand.

“Wait so you’re a year younger than Max who is your brother?” He sighed and nodded his head,

“Legally he is my brother but he will never really be my brother.” Luke looked behind me and a smirk crossed his face, “speaking of my darling brother.” He raised his hand and waved behind me, I turned and saw Max staring at us throw the window. He looked so hurt it brock my heart and I knew that dating his brother was just a step to far. I wanted to get back at him, not kill him.

“I think I should probably go talk to him… Luke please no that I like being your friend I really, really do and that if you ever need me I am here.” I leant over the table and kissed him on the cheek, I could feel Max’s rage from here. I rose and left the shop with Luke giving me a huge warm smile.

Once out of the shop I walked up to Max, he was still sending daggers at Luke,

“Hey, um Max can we… talk?” I rubbed the back of my neck feeling awkward . Max looked at me and I could see all the pain and longing in his eyes. He also looked so tired having huge bags under his eyes.

“Why so you can hurt me again, you have to understand Autumn I have been going out of my mind trying to get you back. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat and even my wolf is ignoring me. You have put my through absolute hell the past few days and I am sorry for how I was to you when we were younger and I am sorry that I was with Caitlin, hell I am sorry that I am your mate because I know that you are way to good for me. You kind and sweet and caring and I’m a jerk, but I have changed and I will try so hard to be the mate you want as long as you give me just one little chance.” By the end of his rant Max was breathing heavy and I am sure I had the biggest grin I had ever worn on my face.

“That is all you ever had to say.” And with that I jumped into Max’s arms and smashed my lips to his. He seemed surprised at first but got over it very quickly. Content I melted in to the kiss and simply rested in his arms. I brock away slightly and I heard him growl, I giggled before saying,

“I Autumn Belle, accept Max White as my Mate.”

-----------------------------------

Hi Guys any thoughts?
Also thank you so much for reading my story and don't forget to vote, like, comment or follow the story! :D
Sorry for all the gramma and spelling mistakes! :P
Wx