Chapter Three - Oh so that's my mate...

Chapter Three

I woke to light knocking on my door. Raising my head I let out a rough come in before coughing and sitting up. I had expected my mum or dad, not Alpha Jack.

"Hello sleeping beauty! How are you feeling?" He stepped in the room and closed the door behind him. I sat up and pulled my blankets tighter around my body.

"I'm alright thanks..." I said quietly while looking anywhere but at him. Last time I had seen him I was in depression and his son was the main problem, which basically meant I hated his guts for having such a horrible son.

He gave me a reassuring smile and came and sat on the end of my bed.

"So I was talking to your parents and they said that you were a writer?" He asked with curious eyes. I nodded my head, I was a writer just not a very famous one. I wrote stories for this amazing website called Wattpad, I had hundreds of followers and my stories had been nominated for lots of awards.

"Well, I heard that you will be attending school so I took it upon myself to enrol you in all the English classes." He gave me a warm smile and I returned it happy that at least someone was thinking about me.

"If you want you can start tomorrow or next week if...."

"NO!" I almost yelled coughing nervously I continued "No, I would like to start tomorrow." I gave him one of my most dazzling smiles. He laughed,

"I am glad you feel so strongly about school, well it's..." He looked at his watch, "1:36 now so I guess all the kids will be home soon, and I think they were looking forward to seeing you after all these years." I laugh cruelly on the inside, I am sure all they wanted to do was finally be able to complain and laugh about someone again.

"I will probably just stay in my room today you know get unpacked and all" I said pointing to my still full suitcases. Alpha Jack gave me a knowing smile and left the room with a wink.

Getting out of bed I went and hopped into the shower the hot water was a nice feeling on my cold skin.

Getting out I went and got changed into a simple white t-shirt and tight blue ripped jeans. I dragged my suitcase to the front of my wardrobe and open it. I gasped at how much room was inside, I don't think I have ever seen such a big wardrobe! Slowly I filled it with the little clothes I owned.

Standing back there was one thing that was a defiant, I needed to go shopping. Walking back into my room I searched for my handbag. When I found it under my bed I reach back into my wardrobe and behind my clothes to the small safe I hid behind my wool jackets.

Opening the safe I continued past my passport, birth certificate and my grandma's ring. I loved my grandma's ring but would never wear it because of the price and emotional value. It was a solid gold ring shaped as two leaves made to look like they were wrapping around the wearers finger. Scattered across the two leaves were both emeralds and diamonds. Stroking it quickly I put it to the side and reached for my wallet. I pulled out two one hundred dollar bills and placed them in my bag.

With the passing of my grandma, she had left for me her gold leaf ring, a beautiful pearl necklace and 100,000 dollars. Where she got the money from no one knows but it was setting me up for life so I wasn't complaining.

I grabbed a pair of my many Chuck Taylor Converse, today I was going with the original black and white low tops. After I put them on I headed out the door of my room. The first thing that hit me was that amazing smell, I really had to ask what air freshener they used. I walked down the hall surprised when I realised I still remembered the way around.

Getting to my parents room I knocked light and walked in. My mum looked up from her book and gave me a kind smile. That was the one thing my mother was always doing, reading. 

"Hey mum I was just going to go out into the town and buy a few things, I was wondering if I could take the car and if you need anything?"

"Of course you can take the car darling, and no I don't need anything." She smiled and went back to her book. I didn't say goodbye because my mum didn't usually like being interrupted while reading.

I headed down the hall surprised that there weren't many people. I saw a lady out in the garden doing what looked like yoga and a man fixing a whole in a wall. Back at Midnight Star's pack house you would always find a child or two running around the house and the parents running after them.

I laughed at the memory of me and Erin running around the house and away from a very amused Alpha Andrew. The memory made me feel slightly sad and homesick but I ignored it and went out the front of the house. Checking my phone it told me that it was 3:32 I worried that I might bump into someone coming home from school but by the time a very fancy Audi A8 was coming in the drive I had already jumped into my parent's silver Mini Cooper and started heading out of the gates.

My mum promised that I could have the Mini all to myself as soon as they brought another car. Hopefully my dad would do that soon so I wouldn't have to walk to school.

I had driven about 100 meters when I realised I had no idea where the town was. I could remember the way from five years ago but there was bound to be changes after five years.

Pulling to the side of the road I pulled out my new iPhone 6 and called the pack house. It rang four times before someone answered.

"Hello?" Came the sexiest voice I have ever heard, I gasped in surprise and remain speechless for several heart beats.

"Hey is anyone there?" I could tell the voice was inpatient so I quickly rearranged myself,

"Oh, hi sorry bad reception, I was wondering how to get to the main town from..." I looked out the window for a street sign "from Union Street?" The line was quite as I waited for the other person to speak. I was about to ask if they were still there when they said,

"who is this?" the voice said with what sounded like awe and adoration. Oh wow great going Autumn, forget to tell them who it is,

"Oh right sorry my name is...." I heard loud laughing and voices in the background. I paused before saying my name because I realised why the voice had sounded so attractive and why my wolf had started howling. It hadn't accrued to me before that this was because I was talking to my mate.