chapter 19

*Niall's POV*

can those asses ever have any decency? at all??

i told them that Jo wasn't part of my sick game like last year, and i meant it. i seriously have changed, and i have no idea why my old self was such a sick devil before, but i hope i never have the misfortune of meeting him again.

and now this, on top of my treatment and..."condition"...

can the world please just go away? like, now? 

no...i can't let her walk away from me again. 

"Jo, stop!" i yell after her, seeming to be stuck in my shoes like an idiot and staying put instead of running after my last shot at happiness. 

i finally take control over my legs and run out the door and after Jo. "JO!" 

she doesn't stop. big surprise there. way to go, idiot. 

i keep running, gaining on her more as we go. probably helps that i'm on the football team and have to run miles every day. 

i reach the corner of Main and Movel, her already halfway down main. i continue straight, and i can see her slowing down as i get closer. 

*Jo's POV*

i'm done. 

i'm just so done with all of this.

i know i've said that a million times before, but i mean it this time. i am beyond done with all of his crap, and i don't care if any of it is true or not. i just want to be gone. 

i've only lived here for a short while, but i just happen to know of a nice little cliff along the coast. 

and i just happen to be heading right in that direction. 

all that's running through my mind right now is, "you're a joke." "you should be gone." "you're nothing but a target in a sick sex game." 

i have been used, twice now. i'm not going to be used again. still running, i begin to pray, quickly trying to remember my many sins and confessing them, begging for God to forgive me and accept me into his kingdom since i just realized that i'm about to meet my Lord. 

i feel wet tears on my cheeks. it literally took me this long to realize that i've been sobbing, praying, and running from my horrible past all at the same time.

i know he's coming after me. he really does never know when to drop it and leave me alone. he can never stop torturing me. what in the world did i ever do to him to deserve this?

first, he kissed another girl right in front of me when he had lead me on.

then, he got me to take him back.

then,  he persuades me to give myself to him, every inch of me, all of my affection.

and now i know that it's all just been a game to him, and to everyone else in his group.

who am i kidding, i'm a joke to everyone in the damn school. i never should've gotten involved with any of this. i should've stayed the hell away at the first sign of danger.

it makes perfect sense that he's been gone all the time lately. he probably has a real girlfriend who he's hiding from me, just using me merely as a bragging rights tool. i should've known that i wasn't lucky enough to have someone like Niall as my own. i should've known he isn't and never will be mine to keep. 

i've poured out my feelings, my soul, everything to him and Demi, and they slap me in the face with it. all the more reason to just disappear-they will probably spread everything around school by tomorrow.