Chapter 6

*Harry's POV*

I realize something.

You could never hate science as much as I do now.

But, nevermind that. I watch Jo scribble down notes in her notebook, and time just...passes. easily. she has this adorable habit of sticking her tongue out just a little when she writes, and it's literally making me crazy.

"Okay, class," Mrs. Jackson hollers out, causing me to flinch. "Take your seats, we're gonna get started."

"i have a new project for you guys to start on, so listen up," She grins. I roll my eyes, staring blankly ahead.

she fumbles with some papers on her desk, before asking a student to help her pass out the sheets. While the student--I think her name is Belle--is passing out the papers, Mrs. J writes something on the white board.i assume it's the title of the project. just great.

She turns around, motioning to the writing on the board. 

In bold red ink, it reads: THE BABY PROJECT.

I frown, bored already and absent-mindedly straightening up in my chair. my eyes widen, though, as what she is trying to say sinks in. I don't think I'm the only one making this horrifying realization, because she sighs, taking in all of our mortified faces.

"guys, we don't have a health class anymore. so, we've had to merge it with science. i'm sorry if you don't like this decision, but i can't do anything about it, so i suggest that you make the best of it because no one's getting out of it."

she makes it sound like we're going to prison.

but, in a sense, it will probably feel like it. we have to take care of a  stupid child, that's plastic, nonetheless.

"Since we are already studying for a science test, I think it'd be good if we just go ahead and work on something for health. you're all juniors, and most of you are in a relationship. some of you are even planning on getting married and starting a life together. The thing is, marriage or not, can you handle taking care of a living thing?"

No.

"So, to prepare you, we are doing a project, you know, for practice."

Someone kill me now.

 "And, you are assigned to work with your table partner. that would be why you're all partnered with someone of the opposite gender. We have baby mannequins that will cry, wail, and/or shreik if not handled gently, and also keep track automatically on how much you feed it--which, should be three times a day--and, feeding it causes it to do...it's... "business", so you'll have to change it frequently, unless you want rotten banana juice to follow you everywhere you go."

my face scrunches up. "So, the school can pay for that, but not for good lunch food?"

The class chuckles, and Mrs. Jackson glares at me.

whoops.

I roll my eyes at her silent discipline. i'll probably be getting a lunch detention. kind of ironic, isn't it?

Jo speaks up softly beside me. i almost forgot she was there. "So....we're going to take care of a baby together?"

I look at her and as she says those words, and I felt like it was a different scenario. one where i'm not a punk asshole--i'm a perfect husband that she was glad to marry. Taking care of a baby with her...I can see myself doing that. Jo looking beautiful as always, the little chubby guy in her arms as she rocks him back and forth. Me standing behind her as I sing a lullaby to our baby. That thought makes me feel like a wuss, but it just feels so...right.