Chapter 4

*Jo's POV*

it's the green eyes.

the green eyes from the lunch room.  

he's my science partner??

Demi was right, it is a small world. 

does this mean something? why were his eyes so distracting? why do they take up my mind? do i have feelings for him? i don't even know him, though...

but those eyes...

they're special. 

i can't think too much into this. that's what always happens. most likely, everything is in my head. i just smile and greet him, ignoring my subconscience.

~~~

"Wait, you're joking, right?" Demi is holding back a huge laugh, i can tell. we're sitting in her living room, chatting about things girls chat about. initially, we came over here to do homework, but we're girls, so of course we ended up forgetting the work and kicking back. 

"no...is it really that bad?" 

"Are you kidding? you're a junior, in high school, and you've never been to a party!"

"I guess i've just never had a need to go get illegally drunk and dance with strangers," i joke. 

she laughs, adding to my sarcastic reply. "Hey, if you dance with the right stranger, it could be the start of something beautiful." i giggle, only half-genuine, secretly terrified of the idea of having drunk sex at a house party. 

"Seriously though, you have to come. it will be fun, and trust me, Alex doesn't invite creeps--just normal, weirdo friends," she continues to try to persuade me, apparently not picking up the hint that if i've never been to a party, it's just because i never wanted to.

"I don't think so. besides, my mom would never let me go, anyway. and, she would have a cow if she found out that i was at a party with underaged drinking."

she giggles mischeivously again. "She'd have the whole barn if you came home with a new friend with benefits." this girl doesn't take much seriously, does she?

"Demi, i'm not going."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeease? come on, you don't have to drink the alcohol, just laugh at people who do."

i stay quiet, contemplating the idea of actually going to a legit high school party. honestly, it's beyond scary for me to think of it. i've heard what happens at those parties...

"Hey, i'll make you a deal. i won't drink, i'll try to stay with you, and at the first sight of trouble, i'll drive you home. okay?" 

"I..."

"It's fool proof! what's the big deal?" she digs, not wanting to take no for an answer.

"Fine. i'll go. but i'll be out that door in half a second if someone tries to get me to drink," i cave. i know she's not going to stop if i don't agree.

she throws her hands in the air, bouncing in her seat on the couch. "Yes!" 

"Breaking me out of my shell already," i half smile, hitting her with a throw pillow. 

she proudly grins. "That's right."

we laugh for a little longer, before finally turning back to our homework.  

"I'm finished," she closes her book, sighing in defeat. "Finally."

"Me too, let's go get some yogurt."