Chapter 12

*Jo's POV*

I hurry through the hallway, frantically searching for the familiar blonde hair and blue eyes.

Just then, someone bumps my shoulder, apparently in a hurry as well.

"Oh, sorry..." my voice trails off as I look up at who i ran in to, only to see that same face that I saw for the first time on the football field.

"Niall!"

"You're happy to see me?" an amused smile grows on his face. He's obviously been enjoying my constant mood swings.

"I forgive you...I mean, uh..we're cool," I stumble over my words.

"Oh really?" He continues to grow amused. Well.

"Demi finally cornered me and told me the whole story, and showed me some stuff to prove it, and..for crying out loud, the girl dyed her hair to prove that it was an accident! so yeah, we're good," I laugh.

His face goes from a silly grin to full on relieved. I can tell he's been stressing over this, waiting to hear exactly what I just said.

"Jo...you have no idea just how damn much I've been wanting to hear that," he confesses, and wraps his arms tightly around me. I breath in the all too familiar scent of him.

It's a good scent.

So...does this mean we're together?

Were we even together to start with?

With his arms still secured protectively around me, he speaks quietly, but just loud enough for me to hear.

"You know what, I'm going to be completely clichè right now, I want to ask you something."

By now the hallway is empty, and we're obviously late to class. I don't actually care that much, though; I would much rather be here with Niall rather than in science, raising a "child", with Harry. My mind makes a disgusted sound.

I have a feeling I know what he's going to say, and although this is completely what fate would have happen just because this usually is how it happens in almost every love story imaginable, my heart is still hammering in my chest.

"Um..so. I, uh.." He roughly begins. I smile. Now it's my turn to be amused. It's hilarious seeing him nervous; a polar opposite from his confident jock reputation.

"Will you...will you be my girlfriend?" he blurts, after a super awkward silence.

My smile grows, and I nod, both of us looking to our feet.

We both start giggling and look up at each other, laughing ridiculously hard for no reason and locking eyes, still laughing.

We are going to be the weirdest couple.

Eh, I've never been one to go with the crowd. I think I've just met my match.

"So are we going to be one of those annoying, lovey dovey couples that always flaunt their love in front of everyone they see?" he's still giggling.

I chuckle. "Not a chance, and if you try, I will kick you," I mock-threaten.

"Good," he grins.

By now, I'm leaning against a wall of lockers, with him standing in front of me. He puts one hand out and presses it against the lockers. Our faces are close, like, maybe 2 inches a part.

Is this supposed to be some sappy romance that everyone is supposed to love? this is literally always how it happens. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy messes up, boy & girl get in a fight, they make up, they start dating, boy kisses girl, happily ever after, blah blah blah. The end.

As these thoughts are annoyingly running through my head and reminding me that this is just like the fairy tales and nothing special, I can't deny that i can nearly confirm that he is about to kiss me.

I take a short breath, and then speak, stopping him.

"Niall.."

"Oh my God, I'm sorry," he stood up, his cheeks flushing red with embarrassment.

"no, no, it's okay. I just feel like we should wait..."

"Yeah, yeah, of course, I don't know what I was thinking.."

"It's okay," I repeat, lightly laughing.

"We're still good?"

I chuckle again. "Niall, I promise, nothing has changed," I wink. He smiles again. "we...we should probably get to class."

He threads his fingers through my own, and begins to walk toward the doors to the sports fields.

"Or...we could go somewhere else..." he wears a mischievous grin.

"Well, what do you have in mind?" I smile up at him, letting him lead me down the hallway.

"I have a spot that i've come to since I joined the team my sophomore year...do you want to see it?" He looks down at me, meeting my eyes.

"I'd love to," I reply, hesitating before resting my head on his shoulder.

I mean, that is what couples do, right?

He squeezes my hand, pushes open the door, and leads me outside.

~~~

He takes me underneath the bleachers, and I can't help but laugh.

"Niall, where are we going?" I shake my head, still smiling.

"You'll see," he answers, still wearing that dopey grin.

After a moment, he stops.

"We're here." We're standing in the only part of the bleachers that can't be see from almost anywhere, because it's blocked by the pep band equipment.

"I come here when I want to be alone...you know how everyone just has that one spot where they always go to calm down or think? well, this is mine," he explains.

"It's pretty cool," I note, nonchalantly glancing around.

"Yeah..I was thinking maybe this could be, like, our spot?" he giggles, nervously.

i giggle as well. "Sounds good."

"You know...we're a lot different than most couples."

"What did I say about being a cliche, lovey dovey couple?" I wink, and he laughs before putting his arm around me.

~~~

(A/N: Aww. Thumbs up for jiall.

Anyway. Ayoo guys I'm sorry it's been awhile!! And that it's so short aha. I'm on my phone and yeah :p I'm really going to try to be more consistent. Ily guys whoever is still reading the story. Like always please please vote & comment bc it really helps :)

-dani)