Chapter 7

"Ok," Lilly began, unrolling a scroll- type A3 peice of paper. "The Plan of the Break-up between Niall and Mystery Girl. First of all we need to..."

"Are you actually serious?" I asked, interrupting her.

"Yeah, I mean, why not? Layla was an amazing friend before, right?" I nodded. "So, we'll probably have her as the third in our group again. We should do this for her! She loves Niall!"

"But she's all close with Penny and Farah! She wouldn't be interested in getting close with us again, not now she has them."

"Well if we set her up with Niall, she's obviously gonna love us. This whole plan could be a double thing- getting close with Layla and breaking Niall and his girlfriend up!"

"I guess..." I mumbled.

"Good!" All this while we'd been having our lunch at college, sitting outside on the benches. This year's Spring had turned out to be a warm one, and so I was wearing just a plain white vest top and denim shorts, with a navy Superdry jacket tied around my waist. I had to admit, my legs were a little cold. But being the stubborn person I am, I didn't want to admit that I was wrong. Lilly had told me not to wear shorts, and had even offered me a pair of her jeans when I'd arrived at her house. She said she knew that I'd get cold, and so that was why I didn't want to tell her.

"Goosebumps!" She exclaimed, looking down at my bare legs.

"What? No! They're...umm...headache bumps."

"Headache bumps?" She queried.

"Yeah.." I hesitated. "You get them when you have headaches. The doctor told me I had...headache bump disease."

"Sure." She laughed. She grabbed her bag, slung it over her shoulder and began to walk off towards the main building.

"It's true!" I called out as I trailed off after her.

******************************************************************

The first step on Lilly's plan to break up Niall and his girlfriend was to ring either Harry or Louis, and arrange a date, time, and place to meet with them when they got back. We'd have to tell them to invite Niall's girlfriend, so we'd be able to somehow put her off Niall, or put Niall off her. Suddenly I had an idea, and immediately rang Lilly to tell her my idea. College had finished and now I was back at home doing nothing.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lilly it's me. I've had a really good idea for the plan."

"Really? What? Tell me, tell me!"

"Ok, ok!" I laughed. "Hold back with the enthusiasm. Anyway, you know we need to repel Niall from his girlfriend, or the other way round?"

"Yeah...." She replied.

"Well, I know what we can do. We can use Liam or Zayn (because they're single), but we need to get one of them to kiss Niall's girlfriend. Then we can somehow get Niall in the same room to catch her! He'd surely dump her then!"

"Ok...But what about whoever kisses her? Wouldn't Niall be angry with them?"

"Oh, umm..." I hadn't thought about that. "Well, we can get maybe Liam to kiss her, then say that she went onto him and it meant nothing."

"I don't know...I still feel bad about this whole thing. I mean, what if Niall really likes this girl?" I didn't speak. I felt the same too. As much as I wanted Layla to get with Niall, I didn't want to ruin Niall's relationship, especially if it was going well.

"Look, I need to go now..." Said Lilly.

"Ok, bye." I hung up and chucked the phone to the other side of my bed. I stared at it, wondering if I could even be bothered to go and take it back downstairs. I had nothing to do anyway, so I didn't mind. Making my way downstairs, I began to whistle. I soon realised it was the tune of What Makes You Beautiful, and I smiled as I continued. The phone rang in my hand, interrupting my whistling. I answered it.