Chapter 15

Louis P.O.V

"Mr. Tomlinson? I just found this when I was replacing the old bed covers with some fresh ones." The nurse handed me a card which had Zara's name on the front.

"Thank you." I opened the card and read it.

Dear Zara,

Get well soon, everyone is missing you. Hope you're ok.

Love from,

Layla and Niall xxx

Sighing, I placed Zara's fourteenth card on the table. Then I leant my head back on my chair, yawning.

"You should talk to her, and then there's more chance of her waking up." A nurse, Hannah, told me. I nodded, and when she'd left the room I began. I talked to her like I usually would, so everything would seem normal.

"So, what do you want to do when you wake up? I think Niall's planning a Nando's meal for all of us, and you can invite whoever you want. He only wants it so he can go to Nando's, but it's kind anyway. And then I was thinking you could take me for a drive? You could get some practice before you start your driving lessons.." I stopped. Did her fingers just move? I continued anyway but then I was pretty sure they moved again. And then my heart skipped a beat. The moment I'd been waiting for for so long now was coming. Her eyes flickered open and I saw her squint at the bright light.

"Zara!!!" I got up and ran over to her. She smiled weakly up at me.

"Hi, Louis." She croaked. "What happened?"

"The whole Alex thing, and you had a concussion then you fell asleep, stopped breathing and then went into a coma."

She nodded. Then I remembered.

"Oh, and because you stopped breathing, the doctors want to study on why that happened."

 "Ok." I walked over to the table and pressed the emergency red button on the end of the string. A nurse was in the room in that minute.

"She's awake!" A nurse, Emma, exclaimed when she came in. She walked over to Zara and checked over her. "Your injuries have mainly healed whilst you've been asleep. The head doctor is coming to see you for a few minutes, but it shouldn't be long. Then I'm pretty sure you can be discharged." The nurse smiled kindly then left the room. When she came back in she was with another nurse and a doctor I hadn't seen before.

"Hi, Zara." The male doctor said. "This'll only take a short while." He started to examine Zara but he stopped after a few minutes. "There's no point. I can't find anything, so she's definitely free to go. Leave when you're ready." The doctor smiled and left, along with the other nurses.

"Do you need to rest, or shall we leave?" I asked Zara, still so happy to have her back.

"Give me 20 minutes."

I nodded, then grabbed my phone to ring a load of people.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Claire. Can you put me on loudspeaker?"

"Yes. Jenny and Dave are here, is that ok?"

"That's fine. Ok, am I on loudspeaker?"

"You are." Claire replied.

"Great. Ok, I have some news."

"What?"

"Zara has woken up."

"Really? That's great! We're on our way!" Claire hung up and I rung Harry.

"Louis?"

"Yep, it's me. Who's with you?"

"Everyone but you!" Harry replied.

"Really? Ok, put me on loudspeaker."

"You're on."

"Ok, hi everyone. Is Liam there?"

"I am." Said Liam.

"You're back, mate! How was it?"

"It was.."

"I don't care. I was only being polite." I interrupted. They laughed. "Ok, I might as well get to the point. Zara's awake!"

"OMG!!!!!!" Lilly screamed. "We're coming!"

I laughed, putting my phone down. "Your mum, dad, Lilly, Harry, and a few more people are coming." I informed Zara. She nodded, a smile playing across her lips. Soon, everyone arrived. Everyone, as in Claire, Dave, Lilly, Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall, Layla and Jenny. Lilly and Claire both rushed over to Zara, and Dave followed them. Harry and Niall came over to me.

"Nando's is booked." Niall announced. I laughed.

"How is she?" Harry asked.

"Good, I think. She hasn't even been up long."

"Oh, maybe we should have waited. I was going to, but Lilly literally dragged me out the house."

"Yeah, I think Lilly missed Zara. I sure did." I walked over to the bed, which was surrounded by people. I managed to squeeze through to tell Zara that Niall had booked a big table at Nando's. She laughed, nodding.

"Ok, tell him thanks."

A few hours later everyone had left and Zara and I were about to, too. I collected the last of her things then helped her up. We walked out together and soon after we'd told reception we were leaving, we were in my car and on the way to Zara's house. When we got there, everyone was there and they shouted out, 'welcome home'. A short-notice mini party had been arranged, and everyone was in the front room. After a while, we were all sat down, chatting. Zara was leaning on my shoulder, and as I looked down at her, I noticed that she was asleep. This pleased me, for I knew this nap would only last about an hour.