Chapter 10

Best. Greeting. Ever. And I'm not even exaggerating.

As soon as he'd had me in his sights, he'd dropped his suitcase and sprinted over to me. With all eyes on him, he put his hands on my cheeks and encased me in a long, passionate kiss. I'd sort of just stood there, one eye closed and one eye on the staring fans. We'd pulled away and he'd smiled at the wide eyed, open mouthed fans. Then they'd all began screaming and taking pictures. The boys then reached us and were about to go and sign a few arms and pose for a few pictures, when a small group of men and women had barged through the crowd. Several men held cameras and the women had notepads and much smaller cameras. Paparazzi and journalists.

"Zayn! Everyone wants to know, are you single?" A female journalist asked loudly. Zayn had nodded before One Direction's manager had began to make their way out the airport and the lads and me followed, paparazzi snapping away and journalists uselessly asking unanswered questions.

They'd been back a day now, and Lilly and I were on our way to the cafe. This was really important, as the whole Niall/ Layla plan was about to be put into action.

"Are you nervous?" Lilly asked me.

"Umm, no. But I still feel bad. Do we have to do it today?"

"We'll see how happy Niall and his girlfriend look together. If they don't look too happy, we'll break them up, or if they look happy, we won't."

Everything had been arranged with Liam and the kiss, so we were fully prepared. We were counting on Liam. We soon reached the cafe. Luckily, there weren't too many fans. The lads were already here, and I could see them signing some autographs. We hopped out the car and held the cafe door open for a few fans who were heading out.

"How did you get them to leave?" I said as I walked up to Louis and gave him a hug. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"They do anything for us."

I laughed and looked around at the rest of the boys.

"Where's Niall?" I questioned. I was slightly panicking as if he wasn't here, the whole plan wouldn't work.

"Oh, he's just picking up his girlfriend." Louis told me.

"Phew, that's great."

"Phew?" He repeated.

"Umm, yeah, phew. I wanted everyone to be here." I hated lying to him, even though it was something so small. That would be over soon, though, and I'd have to explain everything to him.

"Anyway, we might as well sit down." We found a table and Louis pulled a chair out for me.

"Thanks." I sat down and smiled as he took his place next to me. The lads began chatting and Louis turned to me.

"I've missed you so much, you know." He said, tucking a delicate strand of hair behind my ear.

I smiled. "I've missed you too...But anyway, I'm thinking about starting driving lessons. I've been saving for a while and I really need a little car to carry me around."

"That's great, babe. Do you know the prices?"

"Yeah, it's the same place my sister went to."

"So, how much?" He asked.

"Around £20 a lesson, and I'll be having a few. Why?"

"Because I'm paying." He stated.

"What? No, you're..."

"Yes, I am." He interrupted. I tried to object but he wouldn't let me.

"So, what kind of car do you want?"

"I don't know. I'd love a Mini, but I'll settle with a Smart Car or a Megane of some sort. I only need a two seater."

"I'll see what I can do." He stated with a smile.

"No, you won't! I'll see what I can do. You're not paying for the car and the driving lessons!"

"I am." He said before turning back to the boys and Lilly. Liam looked quite nervous, but luckily no- one had picked up on it.

"Hey, look! Niall's here!" Said Zayn. I turned around to see Niall holding the door open for his girlfriend whose hand he then took as he made his way over to us.

"Hey, everyone." He smiled. "This is Layla."

********************************************************

"Layla!?!?!?"

"Lilly and Zara!?!?!?"

"Err, what are you doing here, guys? Were you getting autographs or..." Layla began.

"No! Well, we're sorry we haven't already told you, but Lilly and I are with Harry and Louis.  And I'm guessing you're with Niall?"

"Yeah.." She smiled as he put his arm around her waist.

"Well, come and sit down!" Liam looked relieved amongst the others' confused faces. They didn't know that Layla was once our best friend, like Liam did. He knew the whole story, as we'd had to tell him in order for him to become part of the plan.

"Basically," I began, explaining the whole story. I wondered how Niall would take it, knowing that we'd planned to break him and his girlfriend up. Luckily, easy-going, carefree Niall just nodded along.

"....We really didn't want to, so we're really glad it was Layla who was your girlfriend." I finished off.

"Yeah, I'm glad too." Niall said in his cute Irish accent.

"Soo, where does everyone want to go?" Liam asked.

"I need to get ready, but then Nando's?" Everyone agreed, Niall a little too eagerly.

"Last to get there's paying!" Harry joked cheekily as he raced out the door and into his new car, that he'd got after passing his driving test. I laughed and walked out after him, hand in hand with Louis.