Chapter 11

My eyes fluttered gently open as I woke up. Light was already flooding through my window, sneaking through the gap between the curtains. Sighing, I threw my covers off myself and got out of bed, leaving behind a mess of material. I rubbed my eyes as I began to walk downstairs and I noticed that I was the first one up.

The clock displayed the time, and I was shocked at how early it was. 7:30! I knew I'd never be able to get back to sleep so I made myself breakfast, sleepily pouring Coco Pops into a bowl. They ended up spilling everywhere. I gave up on cereal and made toast instead.

"Are you gonna tidy that up?" Startled, I spun around.

"How did you creep downstairs so quietly?" I asked my sister.

"I skipped the creaky step." It was summer now, and Jenny's leg was healed after the accident.

"Do you need help making the toast?" My sister said sarcastically, walking over to me.

"No, I don't, thank you very much." I replied bluntly. "Do you want toast?"

"Yeah, make me two."

"Make it yourself." I chucked a piece of bread at her, even though I'd just offered to make her breakfast. She caught it and threw it straight back at me and I squealed, ducking. It skimmed over my head and I laughed, picking it up and putting it in the bin. Then, I ran upstairs to have a quick shower and get dressed. I bumped into my dad.

"Oops." I giggled. My dad stared straight back at me.

"Can you be quiet? Your mum's asleep and you girls are screaming."

I laughed, ignoring him, and continued on my short journey to my room. Today, Louis and I were going to the cinema, then shopping, and then to a party. It was one of Harry's mate's parties, and, although I didn't know the guy, I couldn't wait. I hadn't gone out to any parties for ages.

I ran off with a towel to the bathroom and had a shower, which freshened me and left me a little more awake. I then got dressed, did my hair, and did my make up. When I next checked the time, it was 8:30. I'd always been a bit of an early-bird, which I guess was a good thing for the girlfriend of a celebrity singer, who got up early every day. I knew Louis would be up, so I gave him a ring as I made my way back downstairs.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. I was just wondering what time you were picking me up? I'm already ready, so..."

"Give me 10 minutes!" He exclaimed before he hung up, and I smiled as I slipped my phone into my pocket.

"Dad ate your toast, so you'll have to make yourself breakfast." My sister told me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Ok, don't worry." I replied. I got a piece of toast and put it into the toaster, then waited impatiently for it to pop back up.

I waited a while. Everyone else had left the room, and I now wondered what had happened to the toast. It made me jump when it eventually popped up.

"Damn." I muttered as I pulled the black toast out of the toaster. I was seriously not having any luck with breakfast today. I gave up, and put the second piece of wasted toast in the bin. I could have an early lunch with Louis. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

You have one new message:

Louis: I'm outside!!!!!!!!! <3 :) xxx

I didn't bother replying; I was about to see him.

"Bye!" I called out to my family. I got a reply from my sister but that was it, as my dad was in the shower and my mum was still asleep. I locked the door behind me and smiled as I saw a familiar black car parked outside. The tinted window rolled down to reveal Louis, looking super fit in stripes, as usual.

"Hey, Lou!" I got in the car and he began driving immediately.

"Hey, babe. You look gorgeous." I blushed, even though we'd been together for around 5 months, or something like that.

"After we go to the cinema, we're going to the shopping centre by the park, is that alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's fine, babe. Do you know if Lilly and Harry are coming tonight?"

"Well, Harry is, so Lilly most probably will too." He told me.

"Awesome......" There was a short gap of silence as he concentrated on driving. "Umm, Lou?"

"Yep?"

"The speed limit is 40 miles per hour, and you're driving at 25."

"Are you saying my driving is slow?" He smiled.

"Kind of, yeah. Let me drive."

"No way! You haven't even started driving lessons."

"And? I drive my sister's car all the time!"

"What if you crash?"

"I won't, stop being such a fusspot. I'm great at drving. Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I do, babe."

"Then let me drive." He eventually gave in, so we swapped seats and I began.

"You know, you're not too bad. A little fast, though." He admitted after a while.

"At least I reach the speed limit." I smirked.

"You go over  it." He shot back.

"By one mile per hour!"

"Whatever. Let's swap back."

I sighed and pulled over so we could get out and swap seats. Louis started driving again and we reached the cinema.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked as we walked through the door to the cinema.

"I don't know, surprise me." We walked over to the ticket office and once Louis had secretly chosen a film, we made our way to Screen 4.

"Let's get popcorn first." Louis took my hand in his and we walked over to the counter. No-one was there, serving and there was no-one else queuing. In fact, hardly anyone was around. Two large popcorn cups were on the counter with two milkshakes next to them. Louis looked at me, mischief bright in his eyes. I nodded, smiling, and he began whispering.

"It shouldn't be too hard, there's only one man on security and all the films have started so the people have gone. On the count of three, run."

I chuckled quietly to myself; Louis had always been the mischievious one. He knew I was up for a laugh, and he was too.

"Ok, we'll do the count of three when the security guy's gone. I think he's heading to the men's toilet- here's our chance." He looked around him before taking hold of the two popcorn cups and passing me the drinks.

"One, two, three!" We began running to Screen 4, giggling as we went. We burst through the doors and found a seat. I looked up to see the adverts finishing and the film beginning. I smiled. He'd chosen a perfect romance, just what I'd wanted to see. I leant my head on his shoulder and and he held his hand out for me to take.

Of course, I took it.