Chapter 6

"OMG! Hey guys!" Said a girl with medium length layered light brown hair.

"Err, can we help you?" Lilly asked the random girl who'd just come up to us in the busy airport.

"Well, duh! It's me!"

"Who?" I said.

"Me! Layla!" My eyes widened as I looked at the girl in front of us who had a huge black suitcase next to her.

"Layla? Layla Campton?" Lilly queried.

"Yes! It's me! Layla!" We hadn't even recognised the girl who was once our best friend. But don't blame us; she looked completely different! Her hair was darker, and her eyes which were once green were blue and she was a LOT taller.

"Layla! Layla, where did you go?" A couple of girls shouted loudly from the middle of the airport.

"I'm here, guys!" Layla called back, waving her arms frantically. She had an English- Irish accent due to living in both countries.

"Who are they?" I asked as the girls came towards us.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mention Farah and Penny. They're my two best friends and they're dads both got offered jobs in Ireland so that's how we met. They bothed moved from England but Farah's actually part Pakistani."

"Oh, cool.." I couldn't help feeling a sting of jealousy that she was their best friend and not mine and Lilly's, even though we hadn't seen her in four years. The two girls reached us with their suitcases, and I could immediately tell who was who. Farah had slightly darker skin, with fairly long blacky-browny hair. Penny, on the other hand, was mousy brown- a little like Layla. They both looked about our age.

Lilly?" Farah asked as she shyly shook my hand.

"Oh, um, no I'm Zara. That's Lilly, my best friend." I said, pointing.

"Oh ok, well I'm Farah. And you're Zara..." She seemed to be trying to remember names.

"Haha, that kind of rhymes." I laughed. "Farah, Zara. Zara, Farah." She giggled nervously, before going to meet Lilly.

"Hi, I'm Penny. And you're...Zara?" She asked.

"Yep, that's me." I told her.

"I really recognise you, you know." She said. How did she recognise me? I'd never even met her before!

"Ready?" I turned round to see my mum. She was picking up Layla and her family, Farah and her family, and Penny and her family in a mini bus that she had hired.

"We're just waiting for our families." Said Layla politely.

"Layla? Wow, haven't you grown up! You're a big girl now! And look how tall you are!" I glared at my embarrassing mum, and luckily she managed to get the drift. Of course Layla was a 'big girl' now. She was 18, practically an adult, for God's sake. Or was she 19?

I mouthed a 'sorry' to Layla, rolling my eyes at my mum and she mouthed back don't worry. Soon, a large group of people made their way over to us. I could tell which family was whose. Farah and her family had slightly darker skin so I could tell that family. There were three of them, Farah's mum and dad and Farah's younger brother- who looked about 10. Then there was Layla's family, who I already knew. Layla had just one brother, who was 26 and called Danny. It was easy to tell Penny's family now that I knew the other two. She looked like she had a younger brother and sister, who seemed to be fighting over something. They looked the same age, and pretty similar so I decided to ask Penny if they were twins.

"Yeah, they are." She told me as we walked to the mini bus. "And they can be really annoying. Do you have any siblings?"

"An older sister. She's 24 but luckily she's really nice."

"That's so unfair." Penny complained. I laughed as I stepped into the mini bus. I found a seat at the back and I sat down next to Lilly. Farah, Layla, and Penny joined us and we began to chat before my mum even started driving.

"So, where are you staying?" Lilly asked.

"We've all sold our houses in Ireland and we're gonna move into some new houses in Cheshire."

"What street?" I queried.

"Well, my new house is on Netting Street." Farah told us.

"Mine's on Cantall Road." Said Layla.

"And mine is on Lenner Lane." Penny announced.

"That's right near my house!" I exclaimed.

"Is Netting Street the street with the shop on the corner?" Lilly asked.

Farah nodded.

"I know that road! And I think I know Cantall Road too!"

"Great!" Said Farah, who seemed to have come out of her shell. We continued to chat, exchanging numbers and so on until we reached a hotel.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"This is where we're staying until we're ready to move." Penny told us. They all hopped out of the mini bus and we said goodbye before waving and driving off.

"We still didn't tell them about Louis and Harry." I remembered.

"Oh yeah! Well, we don't know if Farah and Penny like One Direction." There was a silence as we thought how weird a person would have to be to not like One Direction.

"Don't you think Farah and Zayn would be perfect for each other?" I said.

"Yeah, they would actually! But what about Liam and Penny? I mean, how cool would 'Penny Payne' be?"

"Haha. They are very similar actually. We need to set Farah and Zayn, and Liam and Penny up."

"Yeah." Lilly agreed. "But what about Niall and Layla? They'd be great together!"

"I know." I sighed. "But he's already got a girlfriend."

"Well, we're gonna have to break them up!" Soon, we arrived at Lilly's house to drop her off.

"Are you doing anything today?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'm thinking up a plan to break Niall and his girlfriend up." I said goodbye and as I walked back to the mini bus, I started thinking about what Lilly had said. '...A plan to break up Niall and his girlfriend.' Something told me that she was serious...