Chapter 12 (Part 2)

Louis' P.O.V

"Fine! Storm off, then. See what happens!" The words sounded selfish, even to me. Although, I'd been trying to keep her safe, and yet her impatience made her storm off. She'd always been like that, from when I first met her. Like earlier in the car, she wanted to drive as she thought I was going slow. No harm was done by that, but deep inside me I knew she could get hurt now. If I let her run off she might bump into Alex if he hasn't already left, like I told him to. That was the whole reason I'd brought her outside: so that Alex would leave without Zara seeing and she never would have know he'd been here.

Zara was my girlfriend. I was supposed to protect her. I barely knew Alex, as all she'd told me was that he dumped her, nothing more than that. Even when she told me, though, I could see that she was upset. Right now, she was clueless, she didn't even know Alex was here. What if he made a move on her? The thought made me sick.

I pulled myself together and quickly walked up to the back door. The speakers were blasting out some Rihanna song but, in my head, I was playing Save You Tonight. It soon faded and Rihanna filled my ears as my eyes scanned hopelessly for Zara. I couldn't see her anywhere, or Alex.

I tried to think positive. Maybe Alex left and she just went to the toilet, or went to get a drink. I ran to the kitchen, accidently barging into a girl who then spilt her drink everywhere. Harry, Lilly, Niall and Layla were in the kitchen. Niall had just arrived.

"Have you seen Zara?" I asked them, my heart racing.

"No. Sorry, mate." Niall said. Harry came over to me.

"I don't know where Alex is. I'm not sure if he left or not." He told me.

"But what about Zara?" I asked.

"I don't know where she is."

"Ok, thanks. If you see her, tell me I'm looking for her, though."

"I will." Harry walked back over to Lilly and I continued my search for Zara. I decided to look upstairs so I made my way up. All the doors were closed. I walked over to the first one but as I approached I could hear people making out. I sighed as I heard a low chuckle and I continued to look in the other rooms, giving the people in the room their privacy. The other rooms were empty so I went back downstairs, checking everywhere. I even rang her, but I wouldn't have been able to hear her phone through the loud music.

'D.J. Malik' had taken over the old D.J's job and was playing Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal. I walked over to him. He was fairly drunk and had about six beers on the table next to him. Two were empty, one was full and the other three were half full. I grabbed the full one and downed it, before grabbing the others (not caring whose they were), and drinking them. I was beginning to feel tipsy as I searched around for more beer, or any alcoholic substance. After drinking one more beer, a random girl's Smirnoff Ice, two Champagnes and four Jager Bomb shots I was completely drunk, stumbling around the party, not thinking about Zara. I spotted Harry and strolled over to him.

"Whoa, steady on." Harry said as I collapsed into his arms. "Didn't you find Zara?"

I ignored his question. "Harry?" I whispered, leaning in close to him, so only he could hear me.

"Yes, Louis?" He replied.

"Don't tell Zayn, or Niall, or Harry, or Liam, but you are my favourite. I think you are a very special boy." I said drunkenly. I left Harry and found a sofa which I then fell on and went straight to sleep, despite the pain in my head.

**********************************************************

I woke up with my head on a girl's lap. I quickly got up and then slowly sat back down with a head rush, feeling dizzy. My head still hurt and the taste in my mouth was awful. I discovered as I stood up again that I wasn't the only one who'd stayed the night at James'. Practically the whole party was still here, snoring and dribbling on strangers' tops. I started to look for anyone I knew who was awake, but it seemed I was the first up. Lazy Zayn was asleep with his head on the table and Niall and Layla were cuddled up together on the floor. Harry and Lilly were nowhere. Well, they'd been sober the whole night and had probably driven home.