chapter 16

A while after the funeral, Tiana and Naveen were going to get married and they asked Mama Odie to preform the service and she happily agreed. And where the day they were getting married was a beautiful sunny day. It was a very nice day in the bayou. All the animals were gathered all together to witness the wedding of Tiana and Naveen. Atticus, Cherry, Patch, and Darla were even there.

Mama Odie held a book and read from it with Juju by her side. "And so by the power vested in me," the old blind woman recited. "I now pronounce you, frog and wife. Get to it, Prince Froggy! Give your lovely bride some sugar!"

Naveen looked at Tiana. He had a white butterfly across his chest and Tiana had a tiny bouquet of flowers with a wedding veil over her head.

"Congratulations." the white butterfly said, flying off.

Naveen and Tiana soon kissed and where they started to glow along with Atticus, Darla, and Cherry. They all appeared to be dressed for a wedding now. Naveen and Tiana had a spring green tux with a bridal gown while Darla was a flower girl while Cherry was a bridesmaid, Patch was a ring bearer and Atticus was a best man. Mama Odie held Juju nice and tight while Louis cried cheerfully at the sight. Tiana and Naveen were surprised to see that they had turned human again.

Mama Odie cackled as she saw the others were finally human again. "Like I told y'all, kissing a princess breaks the spell!"

"Of course! When Tiana married Naveen, she became a princess!" Darla smiled.

"You just kissed yourself a princess." Tiana said to Naveen.

"And I'm about to do it again." Naveen smirked before kissing her again as a human which made everybody in the bayou cheer.

"Let's make this wedding more official," Cherry said. "To the church!"

"Agreed, scenery change time!" Patch smiled as he soon did a Looney Tunes trick and pulled the corner of the scene and changed it to the church.

"I don't even know how that happened..." Louis blinked. He soon hid once he saw that there were other humans around, not wanting to scare them off.

The wedding was now official for Tiana and Naveen to get married and start their lives together. After it was final, the bridesmaids tried to catch the bouquet until Charlotte caught it and laughed wickedly.

"Oh, Grandma..." Darla sighed with a small smirk at her future grandmother.

"Should we stick around?" Patch asked.

"Just for a little bit." Atticus suggested.

"Okay." Patch replied.

A while later after the wedding, Tiana and Naveen were given the sugar mill by the Fenner Brothers after Louis had 'persuaded him' and Naveen's parents approved of this as did Eudora. It was a really good and happy ending for everybody. A while later, Travis found Charlotte and had a surprise for her. Darla was about to leave with the others, but she hid away so she could see this. Travis got down on one knee and proposed to Charlotte, asking for her hand in marriage.

'Please say yes, Grandma, please say yes.' Darla thought to herself.

"Oh, Travis Beaumont," Charlotte gushed with tears of joy in her eyes. "Of course I'll marry you!"

Travis smiled back as he then hugged Charlotte and spun her around joyfully.

Darla cheered herself, then took out a picture and saw that her parents were appearing in the picture along with her big sister. "Yes!" she then smiled in victory.

"Ready to go now?" Patch asked the little girl.

"Yes, I am." Darla smiled as she then followed him so they could go back to where they were before this adventure.

The four of them were soon sent back to where they were before. Darla blinked as they were back at the Fudo house. Charlotte laughed as she was talking with Patrick and Emily.

Darla smiled and came up to her grandmother and hugged her. "I'm so glad to see you, I'd love to live with you, but I really like it here with my big brother, my big sister, my new parents..."

"I understand, honey," Charlotte replied. "I thought of this though, what if some days, we spend together? Some shopping, lunch, a movie..."

"That sounds lovely." Darla smiled.

"You don't have to come live with me, it seems like this is your home now," Charlotte smiled back. "So, would you like to spend some time with me that way?"

"Yes, please, Grandma!" Darla agreed.

"Oh, honey lamb, a favor?" Charlotte then asked.

"Yes, ma'am?" Darla replied.

"Could you call me 'Nana'?" Charlotte requested. "I like it better than 'Grandma'."

"Okay... Nana." Darla smiled.

"I think she feels that way because of when she met us as a teenager." Patch said.

Charlotte smiled sheepishly to that.

"Well, I like Nana too," Darla agreed. "And I would love to spend some time with you in the future."

"I'll look forward to it, I'll give you a little call in advance." Charlotte cooed to her granddaughter.

"Thanks, Nana." Darla smiled.

"You're welcome, shugah." Charlotte smiled back.

Charlotte decided to stay for dinner and she decided to also tell Darla all about her parents and what her life was like before the unfortunate event of her parents' death and Darla caught up with Charlotte and told her about how she had been adopted by LB Mammoth to become America's Sweetheart: Lover of Children and Animals, though she was actually a bit of a brat due to the lack of attention given by the man who wanted to be her father and she took it out on almost everybody else until she met Cherry and Atticus. And where the two started to get along quite nicely.

As they should have. Charlotte left her phone number and address for Darla and decided to get going. Darla was sad to see her biological grandmother go, but she was sure they would visit each other again real soon.

"We are family... Family... *gasp!*" Darla said before her eyes widened. "Family! My school project! I completely forgot!" She then remembered her adventure and where that gave her an idea. "'Scuse me!" she zipped off to her bedroom.

The others wondered what was with her until they remembered Darla's homework assignment.

The next day at the elementary school...

"And that's why I love my Aunt Anita and Uncle Roger very much out of anyone in my family, next to my parents of course," Amber concluded her report as she then went to take her seat with a curtsy to her classmates. "Thank you!"

Everyone in the classroom soon clapped.

"Thank you, Amber," the teacher smiled to her. "Now we will hear from Darla... Darla, you may come up now..."

Darla took a deep breath as she took her papers and came to the front of the classroom. "My family project is about my grandmother."

Everyone in the classroom looked interested about this. Darla smiled as she had grabbed their attention and began her report about her biological grandmother and why she was her favorite member of her family. The others wondered why they had not heard of this woman before, but they then remembered that Darla was adopted, but still had living family members such as her father's mother and her older sister who was one of the Hex Girls. And where the more she told them about her grandmother, the more interesting it got.

The End