chapter 2

Suddenly, they came to New Orleans as it was a warm summer evening. There was one star glowing brighter than the other stars. Cherry, Atticus, Patch, and Darla arrived in another glowing bright light and ended up outside a rich looking house. They looked around and overheard a grown woman reading aloud a story. They looked through the window and saw a woman fixing up a princess dress while there were two little girls on the floor, the blonde girl nearly looked just like Darla at that age.

"I think we went too far back..." Cherry said.

"Ya think?" Patch asked.

"'Just in that moment'," the adult woman continued to narrate as the little girls with her listened to the story. "'The ugly little frog and pleaded with his sad, round, eyes; 'Oh, please, dear princess. Only a kiss from you can break this terrible spell, that was influenced on me from an evil witch'.'"

"Here comes my favorite part..." the blonde girl whispered with a slight Southern drawl.

"Maybe we should go a little bit forward." Patch whispered.

"Hang on... Give it time to warm up... It gets like that sometimes..." Cherry mumbled so they wouldn't be seen.

They decided they might as well watch what was going on until the watch would take them back to the proper place in time.

"'And the beautiful princess was so moved by his desperate plea'," the woman narrated once more. "'That she stooped down, picked up the stinky creature, leaned forward'..."

The blonde girl who they all assumed was Charlotte as a little girl leaned forward with excitement while the other girl in high pigtails in a green dress and golden crown leaned forward with disgust.

"And kissed the ugly little frog!" the woman finished the anticipation for the little girls.

"Yuck!" Patch whispered.

"I never liked that story much..." Cherry grumbled.

The pig-tailed girl actually looked repulsed while the blonde girl cheered.

"Read it again, read it again, read it again!" the blonde girl begged the woman.

"Sorry, Charlotte, but it's time for us to be heading home," the woman smiled apologetically to the princess girl. "Say good night, Tiana."

"There is no way," the other girl, Tiana, spoke with sassiness. "In this whole wide world, I would ever, ever I mean never kiss a llama! Yuck!"

"Is that so?" the blonde girl smirked before putting a sock over the fragile white cat to chase the other girl with. "Here's your Prince Charming, Tia, come on, kiss!"

"Yep, that's Darla's grandmother alright." Atticus whispered.

Darla moaned softly and coughed, she seemed to be getting her natural skin back and not look so pale, but she still looked weak. She would brighten up in the right destination once they would get there, but still had to wait for the watch to warm up.

The woman made the girls stop 'tormenting the poor kitty' and eventually, a man in a golden and white suit with scarlet hair and a curled mustache arrived at the door. "Evening, Eudora."

"Daddy, Daddy!" Charlotte ran to her father and picked up the frilly skirts. "Look at my dress, isn't it pretty?"

"She looks, um....." Patch whispered, not finding what to say about the dress.

Darla's eyes weakly opened and she smiled at the dress. "Aww... I want one!" she pouted in jealousy.

"Well, look at you," the large man picked up his daughter with a smile. "Why I'd expect nothing less from the finest seamstress in New Orleans?"

"I want that one there!" Charlotte pointed to the dress in The Frog Prince book that the princess was wearing. "Please, please, please, please!"

"Umm... Eudora?" the man asked as Charlotte was sprawling around in her father's grip and pulled on his mustache even. "You suppose you could come up with something like that?"

"Anything for my best customer." Eudora replied with a smile as she stood next to a lot of other purple dresses she had made for the blonde girl in the past.

This caused for young Charlotte to cheer again.

Darla scoffed. "Spoiled, much?"

Cherry scoffed back. "Hypocritical much?"

"Says the one that use to be a spoiled movie star brat." Patch whispered to Darla.

"That.... That's different..." Darla folded her arms with a sharp glare.

Eudora was about to leave with Tiana then out the front door. Cherry, Atticus, Patch, and Darla then hid away as the mother and daughter were on their way out for the evening.

"Now, Princess, you're getting the dress, now that's it," the man set his daughter down on her princess bed. "No more, Mr. Pushover, now who wants a puppy?" he then took out a brown puppy who panted and looked excited.

"I do, I do, she's so cute!" Young Charlotte cheered excitedly.

"No more Mr. Pushover, huh?" Darla scoffed quietly.

Tiana could had sworn she heard voices and was about to check them out.

"Tia!" Eudora called to her daughter.

Tiana turned back, she looked curiously at the back, but she took her mother's hand and followed her on their way home.

"Okay, we're in business." Cherry said once the watch was ready and she set it at a later time for them to travel by.

"Okay, set it for a few years later." Atticus whispered.

"How many?" Cherry asked.

Darla shrugged. "At least twenty."

Cherry shrugged, she set the watch, and they all joined together, disappearing again, further into the future, but still in the distant past before they were all even born. And where hopefully they wouldn't be appear, landing on their butts.

They all landed on top of each other in the middle of the street instead just as it seemed like the day was going to get started. There were musicians all over the place however, playing all sorts of jazz music. There was a man who was acting like a magician on the streets to entertain the kids which seemed to get the attention mostly from the very shy and quiet boy who seemed like any other face in the crowd.

Cherry looked to him though. "Isn't that...? Nah, it couldn't be.... Could it?"

"It might be." Atticus's voice said.

"I kinda wanna find out, but... I dunno... We're on a mission..." Cherry said.

"Worry about it later..." Atticus took her away from the crowd of kids.

One of the young girls they accidentally spotted on their previous time travel was now older and appeared to be in a rush somewhere.

Darla looked healthy again and was able to walk out on her own, she then looked to the house they were before and saw the man coming with his now older daughter. "There's Nana Charlotte!" she pointed to get Cherry, Atticus, and Patch's attention.

"Yeah, that's her." Patch said.

Charlotte was given a newspaper which made her squeal in delight as the car drove them off down the streets.

"She's so beautiful..." Darla cooed. "I hope I look just like her when I'm all grown up."

"I'm sure you will, Darla." Atticus smiled.

Darla giggled.

"Come on, we better find out where they're going!" Cherry ran after the car.

Atticus, Darla, and Patch then ran with her, passing several people who seemed to be busy or just having a good time.