chapter 14

Later, as it got darker, Atticus went to a hidden spot as Naveen had Tiana meet him so they could have some alone time together and he could pop the question to her. And where she would be in for a surprise when she would get to their spot.

"Where are you taking me?" Tiana asked Naveen as he was leading her someplace.

"I just wanted to show you a little something," Naveen replied as they got on top of the captain board. "To celebrate our last night as frogs."

Tiana smiled at him before she looked surprised at what was waiting for them. Atticus smiled as he stayed where he was hidden and kept his comments to himself so he wouldn't ruin their moment. There was a tiny bucket with a small champagne bottle and lavender flower. There was even a little table set up for them both and a candle stick.

"Oh, my... No one has ever done anything like this for me." Tiana smiled before she giggled as she saw Naveen wearing a black butterfly like a bowtie.

"It's a little too much, huh?" Naveen shrugged, then waved the butterfly off. "Thanks, Beau."

"Well, I thought it was a nice touch." the black butterfly snorted before flying away to leave the two star-crossed frogs alone.

"Yeah, not so much." Atticus whispered to himself.

"Pretend you didn't see that," Naveen said nervously before taking Tiana like a 'gentlefrog' to sit her down. "Please, please, sit down."

"What's this?" Tiana asked, getting comfortable and seeing a silver dish covered.

"Ta-da!" The Maldonian Prince lifted the top off to show all sorts of minced foods which had been prepared professionally.

"You minced!" Tiana smiled.

Atticus smiled proudly. "All by himself."

"I did!" Naveen set himself down. "You have had quite an influence on me, which is amazing, because I have dated thousands of women," he then stopped himself and tried to make this topic sound appropriate. "No! Like two or three, just other women... Anyway just listen... You're not much more different you know," he then set his hand down to get his engagement ring for Tiana. "You are practically one of the guys... No, no, no! You're not a guy, let me start again!" he then hid the walnut behind his back anxiously as the girl grew more suspicious and offended. He then slid against the table and fell downward. "I'm not myself tonight, Tiana, sorry that was loud... This is a disaster..."

Atticus winced and cringed at the results and even covered his eyes.

"No, it's cute." Tiana giggled.

Naveen chuckled back, then took out the shell. "Tiana, I--"

"There it is!" Tiana looked over and saw the sugar mill passing by them as they were closer back to her home.

"Keep going." Atticus whispered.

Tiana and Naveen then talked about the restaurant plans and Tiana mentioned that her father had died before he could see her dream come true of owning the sugar mill and making it into a hot spot for many hungry customers to come. Atticus could see that the two were now getting along.

"Can't you just picture it?" Tiana got excited. "All lit up like the Fourth of July."

"Yes, jazz pouring out every window!" Naveen added.

"It should be elegant."

"But you got to keep it loose, though. Got to let it swing."

"Couldn't agree more." Atticus whispered to himself.