chapter 3

"Hello, kids," a man with a top hat in a suit-like outfit with purple eyes smirked to them as he sat behind a table. "Can I interest y'all in a little parlor trick?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but no thank you." Atticus said.

"Won't take long..." the man insisted.

"Sorry, we're kind of in a rush, maybe another time." Cherry said as they ran.

Darla looked to the man and looked a little shaky around him for some reason.

"Just look away from the man." Atticus and Patch said while leading her away from the man with the top hat.

Darla tried to keep up, something about the man made her feel weak.

Patch caught up to the car faster, due to being a dog and they liked chasing cars sometimes. "I just love chasing cars!" he cheered.

"Dogs..." Cherry rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Daddy, stop the car a minute..." the blonde woman said.

The man nodded to his daughter and stopped the car. "What is it, Lottie?"

"I thought I heard somethin'..." Charlotte looked around, curiously.

"Uh-Oh, I better stop talking around people." Patch whispered.

Charlotte looked around. Patch rushed back to Cherry, Atticus, and Darla.

Charlotte looked back, the three humans gave a wave, she waved back and then shrugged to her father. "Must be hearin' things with all the excitement today."

'Excitement?' Patch thought to himself with a smile.

A man finished reading his paper and tossed it in the trash as he was on his way to catch a trolley.

Cherry took out the paper and saw the front headline. "Prince Naveen visits from Maldonia."

"Where's Maldonia?" Darla asked.

"It's a Eurasian monarch country," Cherry explained. "It's like around Europe and Asia."

"Cool." Darla smiled.

Cherry, Atticus, Darla, and Patch then carefully and quietly followed the car as it was driving to wherever it was headed.

"I'll be a minute, Daddy, I just need a moment alone..." Charlotte smiled, engrossed by the newspaper.

The man chuckled. "Okay, pumpkin, I'm gonna head right in." he said to his grown daughter before going into the diner they had stopped the car at.

"Let's go inside, I'm starving." Patch whispered.

"You're always starving." Cherry said.

Patch forced out a laugh and walked with them into the diner.

Darla couldn't help but stop and stay as she looked to her future grandmother. Charlotte smiled at the paper, but felt herself being watched, and looked to see Darla. Darla gasped and ducked down, but it was too late, she had been spotted.

"Um... Can I help you, dear?" Charlotte asked.

"Um... Uhh... You just... Look so beautiful..." Darla covered up with a nervous smile.

"Oh, thank you, dear." Charlotte smiled.

"I wanna look just like you when I grow up..." Darla cooed.

"You're so sweet..." Charlotte smiled to her.

"Darla!" Cherry and Atticus whispered loudly, then gestured for her to go to them.