chapter 8

There was a figure watching them. He had a theater mask over his face but he lowered it to reveal a face of hate. The figure was revealed to have been Dr. Faciler. He clenched his teeth and turned his head to see Naveen's body looking anxious about the turn of tonight's events. He then looked and saw Cherry. The two appeared to be going into the gazebo. Naveen's body soon rushed to where the real Naveen was supposed to be. Dr. Facilier then slithered up behind him as Cherry seemed nervous and weary like she was around her friends earlier that night.

"Oh, dear..." Naveen's body said with a different voice as he saw that a jar was open.

Facilier then snuck up behind him.

"Yipe!" Naveen gasped to see the Shadow Man. "You're so quiet..."

"You let him go?!" Dr. Faciler glared.

"The poor guy was gasping so I loosened the lid ever so slightly," Naveen's body whimpered nervously and tripped over the shadow that was behind him which then made him trip. "Now how did I ever get tangled up in all this voodoo madness? I can't go through with it!" he then swiped off the amulet around his neck and was revealed to have been a plump English man in the prince's body all along. "You wear this... This... Ghastly thing!" he then threw the amulet.

"You idiot!" Cherry gasped.

"Careful with that!" Dr. Faciler glared to the man as he grabbed the amulet before it fell. "If anything happens to this, and I'm going to be--"

The man flinched, fearing for his life as the voodoo man looked rather deathly.

"Fun fact about voodoo, Larry," Dr. Faciler then said as he kept the amulet with a small evil smile. "Can't conjure a thing for myself. Besides, you and I both know the real power in this world isn't magic. It's money!" he then pointed to a portrait of Eli above the fireplace as he wrapped an arm around the plump English man.

"Money is such a beautiful word..." Cherry sounded greedy now.

"So true." Dr. Faciler smirked.

"Yes, it is..." the plump man did agree.

"Aren't you tired of living on the margins while those fat cats in their fancy cars don't give you as much as a sideways glance?" Dr. Facilier asked as he looked down at the floor.

"Yes, I am!" the plump man replied.

"And aren't you tired of being pushed around by others just to have only your friends fight for you?" Dr. Faciler then asked Cherry.

"You have no idea." Cherry replied.

"All you gotta do is marry Big Daddy's little princess and we'll be splitting that juicy LaBouff's fortune right down the middle," Dr. Faciler put the amulet around the plump man's neck to make him into Naveen again. "60:40, like I said."

"Yeah." Cherry nodded.

"Yeah..." the plump man smirked in agreement as he looked in the mirror with the prince's body. "But, what about Naveen?"

"Your little slip up will be a minor bump in the road," Dr. Faciler replied as he then smacked the back of the plump man's head. "So as long as we got the prince's and the little brat's blood in this..." he lifted up the skull shaped amulet with a wicked grin and both men chuckled.

Cherry watched them as there were dastardly deeds about to come true.

Meanwhile, it was drizzling outside and getting very late at night. Patch and the others were still floating along with the party balloons. Naveen was explaining everything to them and why he was a frog.

"Wait, the same thing happened to you?" Darla asked before covering her mouth.

"Same thing?" Naveen looked down to the girl.