Chapter 13: Broken Hearts (Feeding Misery)

“It’s been over three months since Princess Jane appeared. How long does she plan on hiding from us?” Eddie said collapsing in the grass.

It was the beginning of spring. Using a little magic the teachers had finished off the snow and students could travel the grounds. Eddie and the others were in their usual spots under the cherry trees.

Since Princess Jane used her magic on the trees they had stayed in full bloom. Nothing seemed to destroy those never ending blossoms. Her magic had forever enchanted the trees with beauty. They were relaxing in the sun as Eddie complained for the millionth time about Princess Jane.

“Maybe we should try talking to Archie again?” Suggested Josh practicing his magic.

Josh levitated a few pebbles. Sending them skipping across the lake. His eyes slightly glowed light blue making his green eyes seem more aqua.

“The only clue we have is the Magic Sight.” He added sitting up.

Student in their freshman year were required to at least master simple charms and spells. They further along in their studies had learned about the Magic Sight....

Eddie remember going over in class what Magic Sight was.

Flash Black

“Shut up you stupid brats and sit down!” Ox hollard across the room. Everyone was gathered in the side classrooms as Sophia taught one of the upperclassmen classes about the Stoney Ragers.

A race of demonic rock creators who believed to be the judges of good and evil. They roamed the mountains and if they deemed one evil they were thrown off the mountains to their deaths. If viewed good they would give them safe passage, but were easily corrupted/tricked.

They were often mistaken with boulder due to their size and if offended would kill without hesitation. They often protected the secrets of the mountains making them excellent guards. The students had to distinguish the difference and retrieve an object guarded by a Rager.

“Now listen well. Your classes for becoming a Magic Guard will be requiring you to know how to use magic. Today we’ll start with just the basic terminology.

If I had a choice I would be forcing you to use your powers right off the bat, but due to regulations I have to do this.” He growled. Under his breath he cursed the curriculum.

“Now you all know what a specialist is right?” (Chapter 7) Everyone nodded.

“Well I want you to tell me what you think a Magic Guard is?” He said randomly pointing to a student.

“A Guard is a person with magic who fights the creatures in the Devil Forest.” He said confidently.

“No!” Ox shouted, slamming his fist down on the boy’s desk. “No! No! NO! Who the bloody hell told you that? That is not what a Magic Guard is, that is not what they do!”

He sighed heavily. The idea of students not knowing what the purpose of the Guards was insulting.

“The Magic Guards were first form in the times of the elves. They were the masters of magic. They mastered every form of magic in existence.

Specialist are magic users who will never be able to master all magic. They stick to one specific skill and help the kingdom of their origin with it.

Magic Guards help all.” He said pulling down a map of Faylea.

“They go from town to town across both kingdoms solving problems that the kingdoms guards can not. The purpose of the Magic Guards is to use their power to protect the land of Faylea and all of its residents from those who wish to cause harm.” He said over the scratches upon parchment as every word he spoke appeared in written form on student’s parchment.