Prolog: The Beginning

There comes a time in every persons life to choose their destiny. The single action that may seem so insignificant at the time, yet it shapes the density of the world. Will destiny shape you to be a hero or to stand on the sidelines? This is the story of a young girl who made the very mistake of becoming a hero. Her name, Jane.

The story takes place in the small magical kingdom of Icedell. The kingdom of Icedell is located on the island of Faylea. It’s only neighboring kingdom Bydale was to the east of them, separated by a mountain range known as the Icedale Mountain. It was only thing separating the two kingdoms besides the south. The south was known as the Devil Forest. The Devil Forest was an endless forest over treacherous mountains. It was filled with the most horrible monsters in existence. The Kingdoms in the past had worked together to prevent the creatures from crossing their borders.

Once the Kingdoms went to war with each other, leaving the border unprotected. The monsters ran loose turning every minute into your last. The kingdoms reunited once again to fight of the creatures, bringing peace back to the world.

Back to the point, in the kingdom of Icedell their king; King Francois had his own set of mistresses. Whenever one became pregnant, the mistress was feed a drug that would cause a miscarriage. One young mistress unknown to the king was able to identify the drug in her drink and stopped drinking what was prepared for her.

With the help with the other mistresses she conceived the child in secret, but Queen Bonnie discovered the mistresses. She had known her husband had mistresses and prevented them from having children, but discovering the baby she ran to the king. The Queen herself was expecting a child within the week and would not allow another child to take the throne.

The King sentenced all the mistresses to death along with the child. The young mistress ran with the child and escaped the slaughter. Before she escaped she had the royal mark branded behind the child’s right ear.

Each member of the royal family had the seal branded on their body. She then took a silver chained necklace with a large diamond shaped ruby. It was tradition throughout the kingdom for the first born to have a chain with a small tear shaped ruby.

Only the wealthy or nobles had squared shaped rubies and the royal family alone had diamond. She fled the palace, never seen again.

Hi people! Hopefully you have enjoyed this prolog and are ready for the book! PLEASE comment or message me. I want to know your opinion. I would also appreciate it if people could tell me if the spot any errors (Spelling and or Grammar). Well I hope you enjoy and read the book. Spoiler: Imagine Sherlock Homles era meets magic and you'll know exactly how amazing this will be...hopefully. Anyway Enjoy! BYE!